Fame and Glory - may run on Sunday

Only just saw this, sorry.

Rip got 134 for both the Eclipse and the Sussex. The Eclipse was orginally rated 3 lb lower but was put up subsequently. I think Sea The Stars got bare figures of 136 at Sandown and 138 at Leopardstown which gave Fame and Glory 133 for the Irish Champion and 130 for the Irish Derby.

Mooresbridge Entries -

Fame And Glory
Palavicini
Zafisio
Dixie Music
Galileos Choice
Gan Amhras
Popmurphy
Recharge

Steve -there is no way last Sunday can be taken as a positive.I am convinced he isn't the same horse that won the Irish Derby.I cant see him winning a European Group 1 this season.

I don't see why we shouldn't be encouraged by this bit of limbering up. He went about his race very well I thought. Anyone silly enough to back in in that deserved to lose. His targets are primarily mid to back end of season.

Not quite sure why that should be remebered, but should have qualified to not include prep races of course. Price i sort of worked out was on basis of a handful fairly competitive contests

Steve -there is no way last Sunday can be taken as a positive.I am convinced he isn't the same horse that won the Irish Derby.I cant see him winning a European Group 1 this season.

He could be confounding your expectations of Group 1 success this season Luke as early as May 23, back at the Curragh.

Will be interested to see the quality of the opposition.

A Group 1 is a Group 1... all you can do is try to win it whoever turns up. Meanwhile, at least Fame has now been able to comfortably reverse (at Group 3 level) the form he showed at Listed level when limbering up earlier in the season.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be in a rush to lay him next time unless the odds are ridiculously short.

That would be wise imo. Their ambition with this one is to win Group 1s at two, three and four. This may well represent his best opportunity of achieving that goal.

Looks like he will be going for the Prince of Wales's Stakes with RVW for the Queen Anne.

If RVW can beat Goldikova and Paco Boy first time out that will be one hell of a performance.

Looks like he will be going for the Prince of Wales's Stakes with RVW for the Queen Anne.

If RVW can beat Goldikova and Paco Boy first time out that will be one hell of a performance.

is the Ascot straight going to suit f&G?..at 10f would have thought he would need more of a run in than the relatively short Ascot one

is the Ascot straight going to suit f&G?..at 10f would have thought he would need more of a run in than the relatively short Ascot one

No. I'd oppose him all day long at Ascot, even in the King George. I'd go Tattersalls Gold Cup - Grand Prix Du Saint-Cloud - International - Irish Champion - Arc if he were mine.

I think, depending on how hard a race he has at The Curragh next time, he could turn out quickly for the Coronation Cup and then put away until the International or Autumn.

I would hate to see him at Ascot - even for the King George.

Back