Fame and Glory - may run on Sunday

I suppose plans will be up for change as time goes on. Suggestions now that Age of Aquarius goes to the Ormonde at Chester (distance more suitable) and Fame and Glory to the Mooresbridge (skipping the Ganay and, presumably, then going on to the Tatts Gold Cup).

There's quite alot of other info with regard to possible targets on the website.

AOA goes to Chester and Epsom ala Scorpion perhaps and Fame And Glory getting a nice confidence boosting win at The Curragh prior to the Group 1 Tattersalls Gold Cup. Makes sense if it pans out like that.

Fame And Glory looked absolutely fine to me in defeat… we shouldn’t be too surprised if AOB is not scoring with his big middle distance horses at this time of the season. Very fluid and relaxed, if anything I’m encouraged.

Steve -there is no way last Sunday can be taken as a positive.I am convinced he isn't the same horse that won the Irish Derby.I cant see him winning a European Group 1 this season.

Steve -there is no way last Sunday can be taken as a positive.I am convinced he isn't the same horse that won the Irish Derby.I cant see him winning a European Group 1 this season.

Since the Irish Derby - what race has provided him with similar conditions?

Anyone following him blindly since last June would be running out of excuses or money.

I did not fancy him to beat STS, gave him place chance in the Arc and did not fancy him on fast ground over 10 furlongs at Newmarket. But I can still see what he is likely to be capable of when he gets his conditions.

I backed him at Leopardstown and Longchamp but place laid him at Newmarket and laid him in the win market last week.I have seen the light.

I backed him at Leopardstown and Longchamp but place laid him at Newmarket and laid him in the win market last week.I have seen the light.

I did not back him at Leopardstown, I placed him at Longchamp and I did not back him at Newmarket - I have always seen the light.

Gal advances to the next round of the Talking Horses Aftertiming Championship 2010. Hard luck, Luke. :p

Am I the only one (apart from SteveM, of course) who believes Fame And Glory can win a Group 1 over 10f on decent ground this year?

Not sure how that argument can hold much water given he improved on his Irish Derby performance at Leopardstown.

What horses are likely to pitch up in the big 10f races this year? Mawatheeq, Sariska, Rip Van Winkle and Twice Over immediately spring to mind as well as any 3yo's. Should be an interesting year.

The Tattersalls and the Prince of Wales are the only likely targets, there will be too may good 3 yrs olds to accommodate in the 10f races later in the year. I can see him winning the Tattersalls, and maybe the Prince of Wales depending on the opposition.

I don't believe he really improved on his Irish Derby performance at Leopardstown, it was in a similar ballpark though.

I don't think Luke signals the Irish Derby was the cutoff point for morphing into a different horse, just that the one who turned up on his seasonal debut this year has an unrealistic amount to find to be considered a potential group 1 winner. Even his brutal run at Newmarket last year was better than that.

I don't believe he really improved on his Irish Derby performance at Leopardstown, it was in a similar ballpark though.

I don't think Luke signals the Irish Derby was the cutoff point for morphing into a different horse, just that the one who turned up on his seasonal debut this year has an unrealistic amount to find to be considered a potential group 1 winner. Even his brutal run at Newmarket last year was better than that.

Yeats got well beat in the race before going on to Coronation success, Macarthur finished second last before winning at Chester, placing in Group 1 company and winning at Royal Ascot.

I would take it more seriously if people questioned how good his form from last year was rather than basing any opinion on any Ballydoyle horse first time out these days.

Some horses aren't as good at 4 as they were at 3, even Ballydoyle horses. Whether it's a case of Fame and Glory being raced when he wasn't ready for a race or whether he just isn't as good remains to be seen. An unquestioning belief that that it was a case of the former just because other Ballydoyle horses have done similarly in the past is maybe a dodgier viewpoint than writing him off as a championship contender until he proves otherwise.

My basic point is that he gave so much chasing STS that he may be thinking twice about putting in that much effort again.

My basic point is that he gave so much chasing STS that he may be thinking twice about putting in that much effort again.

I do not think he had a hard race (relatively speaking) in the Irish Champion - he was given an easy enough time of it once STS cantered past him. Certainly not the race STS had with Rip.

he was given an easy enough time of it once STS cantered past him. Certainly not the race STS had with Rip.

There's been a feck up with my Racehorses delivery but I was wondering which race Timeform have rated the higher if anyone can look.

I know Gareth, but Timeform rate the individual races at the back of their Annual. Just wondering because he might have got that 134 for the Sussex.

Back