Fighting Fifth Hurdle 1st December

Irishgoat

At the Start
I've been going through the form for the past hour or so, just looking to try and find fault with Buveur D'Air and trying to find something to oppose it with but I just can't.

The horse is a beast over fences or hurdles and will win or good/soft/heavy. Distance from 1m7f to 2m4f no problem. The long break, no problem. Back in 2016 won in the April, ran again in December and won. Rated 169 and I think that's about right.

Samcro on the other hand, won it's fair of 2m races all odds on with mediocre opposition. In my opinion, Samcro's most impressive wins were at Cheltenham over 2m5f and at Navan over 2m4f. Rated 160 now,

I think currently Buveur D'Air, is 2.04 on Betfair, and right now that price is looking appealing to me.

You guy's backing anything in it ?

I'm all over Samcro at 5/2+. I don't trust Henderson to declare BD and even if he does Samcro goes off 11/8.

Last edited:
Henderson deserves a proper good ******* if he ducks this encounter. I'd argue Samcro was just as impressive in the Deloitte as any other race. He's a turn of foot merchant not a grinder Neptune type winner like The New One.

Last edited:
In March Buveur D'Air beat a former champion hurdler, four other grade one winners, and four other graded winners, I can't see Samcro living with him.

Betting suspended now on Betfair. I had bits and pieces on BD at 2.02 and 2.0. I'm very surprised they suspended betting so soon, I thought it would have been tomorrow.

Decs for G1 are 48-hrs. Member Digger suggests the race has been re-opened too.

Probably binning-off the ante-post market in favour of a day-of-race market.

Last edited:
I'm so used to betting on the exchange sometimes I forget about the bookies. BD 6/4 ladbrokes, I had a few quid on that at 6/4 Samcro best price 2/1 now with the bookies.

Betting suspended now on Betfair. I had bits and pieces on BD at 2.02 and 2.0. I'm very surprised they suspended betting so soon, I thought it would have been tomorrow.

I thought you were a professional punter? Taking 2.0 when he has to be odds against with Samcro running.

I really can't see it being odds against on the day. I hope I'm wrong. I'm on at 2.0/2.04 and 6/4 with ladbrokes. If the race was priced up 4/5 BD and 3/1 Samcro I'd still back BD. Just my opinion but to see Samcro at it's best I'd like to see it run at 2m4f at least or 2m5f.

I really can't see it being odds against on the day. I hope I'm wrong. I'm on at 2.0/2.04 and 6/4 with ladbrokes. If the race was priced up 4/5 BD and 3/1 Samcro I'd still back BD. Just my opinion but to see Samcro at it's best I'd like to see it run at 2m4f at least or 2m5f.

100% certain odds against will be available on Saturday -Henderson not doing it at the moment and JP unlikely to get involved.I think Samcro should be fav.

Anyone got any Owner, Trainer or ‘I Work For The Sponsor’ freebies they don’t plan on using for the FF meeting?

If so, I will happily pay a small stipend to take advantage of some briefs.

Come to think of it, I should probably have posted this in the Long Shot thread! :lol:

BD is only operating at 75% fitness for Saturday the same way he was last year. He had a lot less inferior opposition to with last year tho. If he does get chinned it’ll be because of fitness and it’s not the end of the world.

March is what it’s all about with him & 3 in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BD is only operating at 75% fitness for Saturday the same way he was last year. He had a lot less inferior opposition to with last tear tho. If he does get chinned it’ll be because of fitness and it’s not the end of the world.

March is what it’s all about with him & 3 in a row.

If Nicky seriously thinks he has a chance of getting beat I think he'll find an excuse to pull him.

Seems to me that Elliott's trying to play Poker and Nicky will stick to Bridge.

Last edited:
If Nicky seriously thinks he has a chance of getting beat I think he'll find an excuse to pull him.

Seems to me that Elliott's trying to play Poker and Nicky will stick to Bridge.

Far from it be to tell Nicky how to train a champion hurdler, he’s a genius at it, but the horse kind of has to run here. He’s a horse that needs to run because it’s hard to get him fit.

Will a 75% fit BD be good enough to beat a race fit Samcro and up and coming Summerville Boy? One thing for sure, Buv kills them both in the hurdling department and that may just be enough to keep him there without being fully wound up.

Last edited:
Back