Findlay Warned off for 6mths

I was watching ATR and got the impression that Jim McGrath was anxious to get Nic Cowards side of the story across.

Presumably Findlay wasn't sticking around to be interviewed? But as Bob Cooper asked Jimbo what took place, it was probably better to have a straightforward version of just that, rather than an outburst of grievances dissing the BHA from Findlay, which would've probably been one-sided.

Jim didn't say he was there to witness the altercation. We were told there'd been a bit of an incident and then we went to the presenters, and he said he'd asked Nic what happened and he found out where it occurred (sounds like the horsewalk or that area, not in the actual parade ring), and his version without too many histrionics. Quite possibly Findlay had legged it after his outburst, maybe to the bar, or maybe to the car park - no-one mentioned trying to have a word with him, but then, some people don't have that long to live.

Respect?

By David Carr 8:49PM 9 SEP 2010 RACEGOERS at Doncaster on Thursday witnessed an astonishing outburst from gambler and Cheltenham Gold Cup-winning owner Harry Findlay directed at BHA chief executive Nic Coward.

Still angry at having been warned off for six months by the BHA disciplinary panel for laying his own horse Gullible Gordon, a punishment later reduced to a fine on appeal, Findlay confronted Coward near the paradering and loudly called for his resignation, along with that of BHA chairman Paul Roy.

Findlay, best known as part owner of Denman, was later seen in heated debate with owner's chief Paul Dixon at Doncaster sales over Dixon's suggestion that Findlay's initial six-month ban had been merited.

Coward refused to engage with Findlay, telling him this was "not the time or the place", but he was clearly shaken by the incident.
Findlay claims the BHA is pursuing a vendetta against him and speaking to the press outside the weighing room a few minutes after the confrontation, he said: "I don't care if I never own another racehorse in my life, all I want is my respect back."

"I don't care if I never own another racehorse in my life, all I want is my respect back."

Respect has to be earned. Not exactly going the right way about it, is he!

"I don't care if I never own another racehorse in my life, all I want is my respect back."

Respect has to be earned. Not exactly going the right way about it, is he!

Maybe you would have a different opinion if he was from a different social class.

It's very hard to see him as anything but a bit of a tool after all this.

Why does he still have horses in training after promising he wouldn't?

It's very hard to see him as anything but a bit of a tool after all this.

Why does he still have horses in training after promising he wouldn't?

Crikey Hamm, this is the second thing we agree on in as many months. We could be starting a trend here :D

Rather than use the word "tool" though, I'd think of making a sentence using the words child, rattle and pram! Get over it Harry.

It seems to have had a serious disproportionate effect on him . He might be wise seeking some psychological treatment to enable him to deal with it better .

He needs to distance himself from the cause of his disappointments for a period of time if this is the type of behaviour that being at a racecourse generates. If he carries on in this vein, he will end up banned anyway.

It seems to have had a serious disproportionate effect on him . He might be wise seeking some psychological treatment to enable him to deal with it better .

It's the latest in a line of setbacks for Harry over a couple of years. As mooted on here, the breakdown of his business and personal relationship with Tony Bloom was very acrimonious, he's rumoured to have had other long-term friendships founder, he's on a long run of bad luck (and judgement no doubt) in his punting, and he's a long term user of the kind of recreational drugs which have a reputation of exacerbating paranoia. He's clearly on the verge of a massive breakdown.

It's the latest in a line of setbacks for Harry over a couple of years. As mooted on here, the breakdown of his business and personal relationship with Tony Bloom was very acrimonious, he's rumoured to have had other long-term friendships founder, he's on a long run of bad luck (and judgement no doubt) in his punting, and he's a long term user of the kind of recreational drugs which have a reputation of exacerbating paranoia. He's clearly on the verge of a massive breakdown.

Let's hope he does seek professional help, then - better for everyone all round, I would think..

He needs to distance himself from the cause of his disappointments for a period of time if this is the type of behaviour that being at a racecourse generates. If he carries on in this vein, he will end up banned anyway.

Translates as :I didn't really understand the original charge but I don't like his type.

Back