Flat horses to note for the season

And for tomorrow:

AMERICAN FLAG - (ParisLongchamp, 14:50)
FAYLAQ - (Hamilton, 18:45)

AF 4th and 3/5fav
F 3rd “Faylaq, who caught the eye on his yard debut/reappearance here last weekend, did so again with the way he travelled but there wasn't much there once let down. A long losing run has to raise doubts, but it is possible this simply came too quick.” RPost

I'm a bit late to this party, but I want to put one down for this thread.

The six year old Irish mare Insinuendo really impressed me last season. I actually think she is getting better as she gets older. Insinuendo was sent off 80/1 for last seasons Champion Filly and Mares stakes on Champions Day at Ascot.

She was a major eyecatcher then, when finding herself parked out the back in joint last position, until 3 furlongs out when she started to make up ground.

She then was struggling to find a gap until about a furlong from the finish, when she proceeded to absoloutely fly home fastest of all. That performance really showed she is getting better as she gets older.

Now so far this season she has won a group three race at the Curragh, but then was under par the last day when fourth at the same venue, although it wasn't a terrible run by any means, as she had Luxembourg behind her in fifth. I've little doubt she will run better in a more strongly run group one later this season.

I believe from what I've read that Insinuendo's owners have done the right thing keeping her in training for this one final season. Now I know there's some serious horses entered in it at this stage, but I'd actually like to see her take her chance in the Coronation Cup at Epsom on Oaks Day.

I note she has been keen the last couple of times aswell, probably too keen for own good actually, but maybe she is wanting to be running in races where she gets the type of pace that she had to aim at for that race at Ascot last season.

She's also entered in the Tattersalls Gold Cup at a track she knows well in the Curragh a few days before the Coronation Cup, so we'll have to see where her connections decide to go.

I'd like to see her go to Epsom as the 1M4F is surely what she needs to run her lifetime best, as opposed to the shorter distance at the Curragh a few days earlier. However, if it's not Epsom, it might be in a different race later in the season.

Anyway, here's the link to that Ascot race last season, when Insinuendo finished third behind Emily Upjohn, who also happens to be a Coronation Cup possible, but currently at a much shorter ante post price than the Irish mare. It may be worth noting Insinuendo was giving Emily Upjohn 6lbs in weight this day too.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing...mares-stakes-group-1-british-champions-series

Last edited:
Three from last week's racing Kerdos ran in the Yacowlef/Pinafore handicap at the craven meeting and was too keen and prominent, didn't really feature. However as a Cox inmate I was still interested and sure enough at Chester dropped to 5 last week he was badly outpaced and stormed home. Further behind Kerdos at Newmarket was Installation who was drawn 13/13, prominent also and as he was standside had the worst of the headwind to bear. He lost his position and finished in rear. Out again at Hamilton this past Sunday he was drawn standside once again but this time he got outpaced and only got going once the far side horses had pulled well clear. I liked the way he stayed on and think a really stiff 6 or 7 will suit.

I'm a sucker for a Haggas handicapper and I liked the way Nathanael Greene finished his race at Ascot on Saturday and I think like last year at Haydock when he beat the Leger third over 1m6 he will only come into his own when unleashed over that sort of trip.

Tomorrow:

CANBERRA LEGEND - (York, 15:35)
Al Basti Equiworld Dubai Dante Stakes (Group 2)

CUBAN THUNDER - (York, 16:45)
Frank Whittle Partnership ebfstallions.com Maiden Stakes (GBB Race)

DANCING MAGIC - (York, 15:35)

FLAG OF ST GEORGE - (Newmarket, 17:15)
British EBF Restricted Novice Stakes (GBB Race)

PASSENGER - (York, 15:35)

SPRING DAWN - (Newmarket, 18:20)
Rajasinghe At The National Stud Maiden Fillies' Stakes (GBB Race)

Pencil Free Wind in for the Gp1 Yorkshire Oaks, after winning a steadily run 10f gp2 today which should have been against her.

Tomorrow:

CANBERRA LEGEND - (York, 15:35)

CUBAN THUNDER - (York, 16:45)
Frank Whittle Partnership ebfstallions.com Maiden Stakes (GBB Race)

DANCING MAGIC - (York, 15:35)

FLAG OF ST GEORGE - (Newmarket, 17:15)
British EBF Restricted Novice Stakes (GBB Race)

PASSENGER - (York, 15:35)

SPRING DAWN - (Newmarket, 18:20)
Rajasinghe At The National Stud Maiden Fillies' Stakes (GBB Race)

CL 9/10
CT Won 5/4
DM 10/10
FOSG Won 13/8
P 3rd 9/2
SD 2nd 8/11

Faylaq tomorrow 7:55 Hamilton

Faylaq Non-Runner

Tomorrow:

CHARTWELL HOUSE - (Newmarket, 15:15)

HAVANA BLUE - (Newmarket, 15:15)

MONTASSIB - (Newmarket, 15:50)

STRIKING STAR - (Newmarket, 15:15)

Last edited:
Queried why Noble Style was taking such a large drop in class today.
It became obvious it was a sighter for the Commonwealth Cup when he was never ridden seriously,throughout.

Last edited:
Faylaq Non-Runner

Tomorrow:

CHARTWELL HOUSE - (Newmarket, 15:15) 4th/13 12/1

HAVANA BLUE - (Newmarket, 15:15) Won 10/1

MONTASSIB - (Newmarket, 15:50) Won 6/4

STRIKING STAR - (Newmarket, 15:15) 2nd/7 5/1

Results added

Last edited:
Exoplanet did well at Newbury in the London Gold Cup. Drawn in the car park he raced in last place ten or more lengths behind the leaders then as he started his challenge he fly jumped a bit of rubbish and slipped a bit, but finished strongly into third. Will hear more of him I think.

Exoplanet did well at Newbury in the London Gold Cup. Drawn in the car park he raced in last place ten or more lengths behind the leaders then as he started his challenge he fly jumped a bit of rubbish and slipped a bit, but finished strongly into third. Will hear more of him I think.

By the way, that race is going to throw up stacks of winners over the summer. It looked sh1t hot.

Back