Forum horse connections

Hard luck today, Roddy, but the stable might be on its way back. Mr Cleary on the Timeform radio seems to think so anyway.

By the way the Philip Rothwell yard in Ireland has gone through a very lean time lasting about two years but in recent weeks some of the horses started getting placed again and yesterday they had a double at Wexford.

We are waiting for Aintree now and should be able to blood the Newbury purchases. looks as if we will have two in the bumper. Things seem to be sweetening

We are waiting for Aintree now and should be able to blood the Newbury purchases. looks as if we will have two in the bumper. Things seem to be sweetening

As the stable always does come Aintree ;) Good luck!!

Simpson Millar was well beaten on Monday and, after talks with the jockey and trainer, there seems little chance he will improve much in future. Apparently there is someone doing a TV program about retraining racehorses who may be interested in taking him to do something called polocross. We would not get anything for him but he will be well looked after.

Zoe Davison would like to keep us as owners and is prepared to let us have a six months lease with an option to buy at the end of it for a set price on either of two horses. They are both due to run on today at Lingfield. One is in a maiden with only three runners - Ling 3.30 called Spymistress. The other runs in the 3:00 Marie's Fantasy.

Got Cross of Honour going in a Bumpers for Jumpers race at Southwell tomorrow. Has to carry a 6lb penalty but should still have an excellent chance. He showed at Kempton he has the speed to win one of these. Nice prize-money too.

It's been an incredibly frustrating period for owners and trainers of good-ground horses. Crossie's been ready to run for over a month but the ground has been hopeless, and there's no race on turf for him now until 18th April. Moan over.

Polocrosse is great fun SM, lots of ex racers are doing it these days, along with the Etyre known horseball and of course polo itself. It's like lacrosse, but on horses :)

Polocrosse is great fun SM, lots of ex racers are doing it these days, along with the Etyre known horseball and of course polo itself. It's like lacrosse, but on horses :)

I've got a G1 placed one doing polocrosse now - he loves every minute of it. Think rugby with lacrosse racquets on horses!

Just a question Roddy: Why do you put your horses with Peter Bowen over all other trainers...even Welsh ones: interested to know

I`ve got plenty of friends in the trainers ranks,including many English ones. Peter has his faults but he is very talented, totally honest and I`ve had horses and success with him since his p to p days

I`ve got plenty of friends in the trainers ranks,including many English ones. Peter has his faults but he is very talented, totally honest and I`ve had horses and success with him since his p to p days

Roddy, I know myself what its like when you are with a trainer for a long time. Trust is crucially important and a friendship builds up too.

Tom O'Brien's winners getting plenty of attention from the stewards today albeit accepting reasons given for their apparent improvement in form.

William Butler ran again yesterday at Charing - we had a new jockey in Frankie Hickman on board yesterday and though she got further than her brother did on him LTO he still ultimately pulled up though the ground was cutting up on the bends and WB needs it a lot firmer, hoping that comes soon as only a month left of our SE season now.

On a positive note our trainer had her first winner of the season in Mr Bed Bugs in the short Maiden and there were plenty of runners from outside the area - including a few from David Brace's Welsh yard, they had mixed results with Dunraven Prince DHing with No Pain No Gain in the Restricted and a lovely looking 4yo of his unseating early on in the 3m Maiden.

Martin

Simpson Millar was well beaten on Monday and, after talks with the jockey and trainer, there seems little chance he will improve much in future. Apparently there is someone doing a TV program about retraining racehorses who may be interested in taking him to do something called polocrosse. We would not get anything for him but he will be well looked after.

Simpson Millar is going to his new home to be retrained next week. Apparently the TV project is still on so it will be good if we can see him in the future doing his new job.

Back