Forum horse connections

Good luck guys. Just waiting for this desperate ground to clear up to get ours going again. Sticky going is prevalent now and stops them all.

Our new horse Shantou Magic makes his debut in the Ascot bumper. Big strong chasing type and up against two high-class bumper winners, so the very best we could possibly hope for is third place. Still, we've got to start him off somewhere.

Thanks Trackside - he's not the most talented but he's as tough as nails. That's 3 wins from last 7 runs all by short heads.

He's tough as hell. You don't need Pegasus if you're starting off a basement mark!

His racing style is spot on for staying in front of the handicapper but to be honest I think he might just be in the *******'s grip for the time being after tonight.

In her last 12 runs Sophies Echo has touched lows in running of 1.01,1.03,1.25,2& 2.02.

I'm using sectional analysis to inform my punting these days and she burnt my fingers fairly badly a couple of times this winter. She's a perennial short-runner.

I have no hard data to confirm this but I can't help thinking Rory Cleary's riding style has something to do with it. He's a grand rider but he tends to hold a loose rein. Something to bear in mind maybe.

I'm using sectional analysis to inform my punting these days and she burnt my fingers fairly badly a couple of times this winter. She's a perennial short-runner.

I have no hard data to confirm this but I can't help thinking Rory Cleary's riding style has something to do with it. He's a grand rider but he tends to hold a loose rein. Something to bear in mind maybe.

The time she was chinned at 1.01 Fergal Lynch gave her a lovely ride-short runner pure and simple in my opinion.

Delighted with that. Exceeded our expectations by finishing 4 lengths behind the highly-regarded Captain Cutter on debut and not knocked about. Certain winner next time out.

Last edited:
Back