Forum horse connections

Presenting Beara runs tomorrow. He's in good form and Colm hopes the better ground might help him. I'm not so sure he has the speed for 2m4f on good ground but will find out tomorrow. 25 in the race so a bit of a lottery.

Good luck to all who have runners.

Our syndicate has arranged from today to lease a quarter share in each of two horses with David Evans. They are Ealain Aibrean, a two year old filly just over from Dermot Weld's stable in Ireland, and Sommersturm, a nine year old handicapper.

They both run tomorrow at Wolverhampton. The filly is in a maiden at 6.20. Apparently she is very small but speedy and really ought to go very close tomorrow as it is not a strong race and the form in Ireland looks better than anything else in it. May not be much of a price though. It is thought unlikely that she will ever stay further than 5 furlongs.

Sommersturm is fully exposed at 9 but David Evans thinks he is now reasonably handicapped and is an each way shout tomorrow.

We will not be officially shown as part owners tomorrow but we have a gentleman's agreement.

Last edited:
Oops, I should have said that the EPDS horse I have a muzzle whisker in won nicely (idling) in the 2.50 at Sohthwell on the 3rd Dec Homer Run. He's come out of the race bouncing and will be aimed at a similar race soon.

And he was totally barefoot, just for interest!

Nx

Well done, I think I follow you on twitter.....

Hope to have three at Dundalk this Friday. Could do with a winner to pay for the turkey....

Oops, I should have said that the EPDS horse I have a muzzle whisker in won nicely (idling) in the 2.50 at Sohthwell on the 3rd Dec Homer Run. He's come out of the race bouncing and will be aimed at a similar race soon.

And he was totally barefoot, just for interest!

Nx

You could at least get his name right ;-)

I was on at 16/1. Well backed in to 7/1...someone must have known?

We have our new one Double Double ready to run this week, novice chasing, fingers crossed, Wish he was the New One

Last edited:
A lot of the Bowen novice's look like they have never seen an obstacle before. I thought Jamie Moore did well to stay on as long as he did. Hopefully the horse is ok Roddy and there will be another day for him

Ghost of a girl goes over an extended 10f tonight which is a big step up in trip. Breeding would indicate this will bring about improvement....it would ******* want to....

Trip-less, kick-less and pretty ******* use-less.....one more chance to convert the frozen chicken into a fresh turkey before Christmas....Young Joseph rides the Dock looking for his seventh course win...

From thinking all my geese were swans I'm coming to the conclusion that all my geese are turkeys.....slow turkeys....

Good luck to all who have runners.

Our syndicate has arranged from today to lease a quarter share in each of two horses with David Evans. They are Ealain Aibrean, a two year old filly just over from Dermot Weld's stable in Ireland, and Sommersturm, a nine year old handicapper.

They both run tomorrow at Wolverhampton. The filly is in a maiden at 6.20. Apparently she is very small but speedy and really ought to go very close tomorrow as it is not a strong race and the form in Ireland looks better than anything else in it. May not be much of a price though. It is thought unlikely that she will ever stay further than 5 furlongs.

Sommersturm is fully exposed at 9 but David Evans thinks he is now reasonably handicapped and is an each way shout tomorrow.

We will not be officially shown as part owners tomorrow but we have a gentleman's agreement.

Because of a technical issue to do with reclaiming VAT, we have had to choose between Ealain and Sommersturm because we have to have a minimum of a half share in a horse to reclaim the money.

The officers have agreed our half share will be in Ealain Aibbrean because she is a 2 year old which gives more potential than the 9 year old Sommersturm.

Ealain is entered for a 2 year old maiden race 6.20 this Saturday at Wolverhampton. She has got the best Racing Post rating of those entered, so she should have a chance. Trainer quietly confident.

Back