Forum horse connections

Good luck Roddy and indeed anyone else on here with their runners in 2014. I see Regal Diamond is stepped up in distance tomorrow Roddy, any particular reason ? Incidentally I've heard a good word for Tom's ride in the last too.

Last edited:
Got a very good engine and attitude, hopefully he'll get the jumping right in time. Lots of potential and one that will give you plenty of enjoyment. Good luck Roddy!

Good luck Roddy and indeed anyone else on here with their runners in 2014. I see Regal Diamond is stepped up in distance tomorrow Roddy, any particular reason ? Incidentally I've heard a good word for Tom's ride in the last too.

More than a good word as it turned out ;)

More likely to be the Albert Bartlett I would think chaps for Regal and we had a lovely touch in the bumper. Despite the desperate weather and a ruined whistle and umbrella, a very nice day

Ealain Aibrean 3.20 Southwell

Will run today to see how she gets on with the different surface that is in use at Southwell. We do not really think it will suit her as it rides a bit like soft ground on turf and she is very small. It won't hurt if she ran poorly on it as it will get her handicap mark down from what seems the "ridiculous" mark she has been given to start off her handicap career.

Basically any bets would be very speculative.

Finally watched the race after being stuck in the back of beyond earlier. He's won it a bit too well in the end and hopefully we don't get hammered by the HC. Thanks for all the good wishes and tweets. Onwards!

6lb rise, were you on crying to the handicapper or did you promise him a sexual favour. Anyway do I have to call at the bank on the way home tomorrow for your lad at Warwick on Saturday?:ninja:

Mr Ewart is very good getting his thoughts across to the handicapper. :D Not sure about Saturday yet. But he probably wont go as he had a minor cold at start of week. I'd rather go to Wetherby anyway and take on old De Boitron...

Last edited:
Ealain Aibrean 3.20 Southwell

Will run today to see how she gets on with the different surface that is in use at Southwell. We do not really think it will suit her as it rides a bit like soft ground on turf and she is very small. It won't hurt if she ran poorly on it as it will get her handicap mark down from what seems the "ridiculous" mark she has been given to start off her handicap career.

Basically any bets would be very speculative.

That was nearly embarrassing, just got back from a meeting and watched the replay - I thought she was going to win and didn't have a penny on her :confused:

Ealain will run in the 2.00 at Lingfield on Saturday. She is top rated by the Racing Post, although there are two or three winners in the field. David Evans says he thinks she should win but he is not super confident.

It is over 6 furlongs but David thinks the fact that it is Lingfield, which is basically downhill and the surface rides like good to firm, the distance should not be a problem.

He says he has got to run her in Sellers or Maidens because her handicap mark has now gone up to 67, which he thinks is unrealistic. There is a chance, of course, that as it is a Seller someone else could claim her or she could be sold in the auction afterwards, in which case we would have the option of choosing a half share from one of the others he has available. But he does not think anyone will come in for her.

Chef says, " I can't see her winning over 6f I think her best chance of winning would be 5f Southwell but I will have to have a bet just in case."

Bangalore Diamond has been fighting for his life all day with Colic. Hope he pulls through as although no world beater he knows how to battle!!

Back