Forum horse connections

Was sad to see JR Auvray had his last runners ever at Windsor the other night. Made me think back to our old dear One Alone.

I hadn't seen that bit of news, Dave - what a great pity. Unless you have an awful lot of capital behind you these days, training horses has to be one of the most precarious of professions. They are such a nice couple and looked after both ONE ALONE and BLACK DRAFT very well.

Oh, no! That's terribly sad. Especially after they'd so recently moved to their lovely outfit. That is a huge pity, as JR worked wonders with ONE ALONE for us. Any news on what he and Alison will do now?

I spoke to JR this morning, to say how sorry I was they had been in difficulties, although it wasn't exactly a surprise. He's working now for a company promoting Polytrack and seems quite happy with the move. He still has a few of his own to keep going with - and there will be ONE ALONE's first foal, now a 2yo by BACHIR, eventually turning up ! Couldn't catch who her second foal was by but she's visiting EXPERY (? EXPURY ? EXBURY ?!?!?) this year. Sorry, didn't get that right either but hopefully Spoons might read this and enlighten!

Only The Best is entered-up at Hexham on Saturday evening, though I reckon we'll need to see a fair bit of rain before his participation could be confirmed.

Hey Grassy, wouldn't be too fond of running him on good ground. all his form is on heavy ground with a stiff final three furlongs (i.e. Hexham!!). Like your name....he should be out on Grassy now!!

If my memory's battery hasn't run down totally, I thought ONE ALONE went back to BACHIR for Foal No.2, but not sure. Glad that JR has some other work in hand and will still be 'on track' with the AW stuff. Are they moving, Songy? Gorgeous spread, but a bit too far away from easy owner accessibility and many tracks, I'd say.

Was sad to see JR Auvray had his last runners ever at Windsor the other night. Made me think back to our old dear One Alone.

That is sad, the piece in the RP did mention the new role, best of luck to them all. As well as a share in One Alone, I had an interest Black Draft when he was racing with them and also my best day on a racecourse leading It's Rumoured into the winners at Plumpton, very nice people.

Only The Best swerves Hexham, and will be wound down for the off-season. Novice chasing beckons in the Autumn.

Thanks all!

Norbit as he was known here was always a very nice-looking colt and a real steal - Paul T bought him in utero for 1500 gns! I paid nothing for him as I kept the mare and foaled her as per our usual arrangment and we sold him for £8K. He was a February born, too, which obviously helps. We have his ISHIGURU half sister in the field and she's an extremely good-looking filly too.

Of course, that comes from the dam, as Troods will of course tell you, as she now has PETROVNA as a much loved pet - albeit a useless one!!

And there goes Norbit in the 2.30! Well done yet again folks, lovely jubbly stuff. Bought in for £16,500 afterwards.
Time for extra veggie treats for mum Troods. :)

Thank heck for that - I stayed on RUK in the hope that they would say what happened with the sale, but they didnt before I gave up !!!

if I gave his mum many extra carrots, she'd go pop....

Well, only three opponents and he couldn't do any more than win as he did - obviously a touch of temperament there, which doesn't surprise me at all as we always said he was the sharpest of that year's bunch. Faster than the first race and carrying an extra stone, too !

Way to go, Norbs !

Missed seeing the race due to the briefing droning on, but one of our very racing-mad old car park attendants gave me chapter and verse, including how much they had to go to to keep Norbit. Fabulous, well done, Norbster.

Our mare Glacial Missile had a lovely filly foal two days ago to Kayf Tara. So the old Spartan Missile line has another branch.
She is at Flemensfirth and will be served next cycle. Anyway another for the corral.:)

This is not my horse, but a couple of friends of mine have shares in this filly. Her name is Hearts and Arrows, and she is a 3yo pure black filly by Danehill's Group 2 winning stallion son, Kempinsky. Her half brother is a stakes winner here in Australia, and who now races successfully in Hong Kong under the name of Fair Trade.

Hearts and Arrows is the second most successful racehorse that these friends of mine have raced. Having being apart of the ownership in former Group 1 WFA winner, Douro Valley. She has raced twice, for two wins, both at Cranbourne.

Tomorrow Hearts steps up in grade and will race for Group 3 glory in Adelaide. Te owners have all managed to get tickets to Morphetville to watch their new littled prized gem.

Photos are all courtesy of Kristen Manning, one of the owners I am friendly with:

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0125-1.JPG

IMG_0130-1.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

I would love to see her win tomorrow for them. She is definitely not in the same league as Douro Valley, who won over $1 million, won a Group 1 race and was also the runner up in the Caulfield Cup several years ago. But she is going places for sure.

What a gorgeous filly, GA - all the best to your friends and I hope she gives them some more nice wins - and then some good foals, too!

She's very dramatic-looking, and what a super straight stride on her. Very best of everything to your pals, GA - and to H&A (nice name).

Nice filly indeed.

From the photos it seems that Cranbourne is a grass track wrapped around a dog track. Is it very tight, or does the dog track have a big circuit?

Nice filly indeed.

From the photos it seems that Cranbourne is a grass track wrapped around a dog track. Is it very tight, or does the dog track have a big circuit?

Cranbourne is a "multi-track" in that the grass circuit of the thoroughbred racetrack is on the outside, inside that is the harness racing track, and wrapped inside that is the greyhound track.

Tracks throughout Australia have either a harness or greyhound track within the centre of it.

Moonee Valley also has a harness racing track.

Back