Forum horse connections

I have a horse in Ireland, Bay of Freedom, who we are (optimistically) aiming at the Cheltenham Bumper. In my excitement I decided to start a blog to follow the dream; this has now developed into a website: www.cheltenhamdream.com Just wanted to post it in case anyone might be interested (and, at least, it does describe Talkinghorses as being the best forum for quality discussion and provides a link).

Best of luck Paul.

Getty runs in the 2m Hurdle at Ayr tomorrow. A last mintute meeting and we thought it worth a look. Ground and course should suit but its a while since he's seen a hurdle.

Shantou Magic runs in the novice chase at Doncaster tomorrow, thankfully with Noel back on board, stepping up in distance and down in grade. Didn't fire for whatever reason on Boxing Day, but he's the highest rated in the field (by some way) & so should be a good opportunity to register another win.

Good luck, Michael, and to any other THers with impending entries.

Digger has Un Guet Apens in the extra fixture at Ayr tomorrow, though I'm not sure if he's a definite runner. I am meeting him for a jar or two this evening, and will ask him to mark cards here.

I have a horse in Ireland, Bay of Freedom, who we are (optimistically) aiming at the Cheltenham Bumper. In my excitement I decided to start a blog to follow the dream; this has now developed into a website: www.cheltenhamdream.com Just wanted to post it in case anyone might be interested (and, at least, it does describe Talkinghorses as being the best forum for quality discussion and provides a link).

Thanks for the link, Paul, I enjoyed your website and will be keeping an eye on it. Your horse won very nicely at Galway and he's a handsome fella too.

A few of us on here were involved in Raise The Beat a few years ago when he won a couple of races in nice style and went for the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham as one of the fancied ones. Your blog brings back a lot of memories. Things didn't work out for Razor on the big day, he did a tendon and was off for a year. But the build-up was great, the process you describe of checking out what media and other pundits are saying about the race, checking the betting and all the rest of it, and the enthusiasm of friends.

By the way, Razor did get to raise a Cheltenham cheer two years later when he won on Gold Cup Day. It was at Dundalk, mind, but the crowd watching on in the betting shop all seemed to be on him :p

I think you and others are being too modest Grey. Raise the Beat was a really nice horse going into Cheltenham and was 4th favorite (although I can guess where some of that money came from:) ) It was a perfectly winnable race that year - very unfortunate. I just hope that my horse is anywhere near as good.
While I am replying I want to thank forum members for their support and feedback - it is much appreciated. I have taken more notice of how spread around the world forum members are, so am not going to use a five hour time difference as an excuse any longer; I will be a much more regular contributor and look forward to it.

I think you and others are being too modest Grey. Raise the Beat was a really nice horse going into Cheltenham and was 4th favorite (although I can guess where some of that money came from:) ) It was a perfectly winnable race that year - very unfortunate. I just hope that my horse is anywhere near as good.
While I am replying I want to thank forum members for their support and feedback - it is much appreciated. I have taken more notice of how spread around the world forum members are, so am not going to use a five hour time difference as an excuse any longer; I will be a much more regular contributor and look forward to it.

I still watch his Naas win every couple of months with a nice glass of vin rouge, priceless!!:cool:

Last edited:
As you say Michael_o looks a very very good opportunity only thing stopping me from having a good bet is the stable form. I'll be playing but unsure of the stake size as yet. Good luck all

Shantou Magic runs in the novice chase at Doncaster tomorrow, thankfully with Noel back on board, stepping up in distance and down in grade. Didn't fire for whatever reason on Boxing Day, but he's the highest rated in the field (by some way) & so should be a good opportunity to register another win.

Jumped terribly, another flat performance. Hope you can get him back on song.

Haven't checked but heard earlier in the week that Peckhamecho, who is qualified for the Pertemps Final, will be in the sale

Not a good day at the office. Bad luck.

Jumped terribly, another flat performance. Hope you can get him back on song.

He bled badly from the nose. It's possible that he also bled at Wincanton and it went undetected. We need to identify and treat the source of this problem and that process will begin on Monday.

Back