Forum horse connections

Yeah congrats to everyone. The only thing gauling me is that I didn;t get to back Fareer!!!!

Kikos entered and likely runner in the 4.20 at Stratford on sunday.

Good luck all.

Well done to everyone. I'm gonna sound like a raving loon now but was absolutely chuffed to pieces with that run yesterday from cc think we set the race up for cape blanco and i rather fancy the horse for the derby more today than i did before yesterday. He travelled the best in the race yesterday imo and was just done for toe at the end over a trip that is too sharp for him.

Not sure I agree with you! But I think he would be a lovely horse for the King Edward/Gordon Stakes and even the Leger. Must be a lovely horse to own.

Last edited:
Still on for the Derby then Kauto ? Thought the trainer said more likely Royal Ascot.

Well done to everyone. I'm gonna sound like a raving loon now but was absolutely chuffed to pieces with that run yesterday from cc think we set the race up for cape blanco and i rather fancy the horse for the derby more today than i did before yesterday. He travelled the best in the race yesterday imo and was just done for toe at the end over a trip that is too sharp for him.

I wouldn't rule him out either,a good run, he's biggish though isn't he ?

I wouldn't rule him out either,a good run, he's biggish though isn't he ?

He is a pretty big horse still maturing and coming to himself. With the derby to be decided but I think it looks very very open, will let the horse tell us though if he is ready for it.

Camira should be winning soon hopefully. Always tough to beat a Bolger handicapper.

Can't believe Book of Numbers on the same card won again so soon after Wexford. He was ridden like Mannings life depended on it down there and he was heaving afterwards.

CC looked like a horse that didn't particularly love the ground yesterday but battled on all the same. As long as he isn't jarred up and gets good ground at Epsom, why not run ? CAPE BLANCO would worry me now - any injury, even a minor one, at this stage of the season with a Classic looming, is a huge disadvantage, as he now has a pain barrier to go through as well.

Horses coming out of the Derby don't have a great record, it ruins quite a few. He looks a top horse in the making I'd be inclined to wait.

Hard luck today with Kikos, Aragorn. Perhaps the mistake came about through being distracted by the other horse challenging for the lead?

In any case he showed how much he enjoys his racing by running a full lap without his rider, jumping every fence and even getting back up to "win" the race when headed after the last.

The frustrating thing is we beat Norborne Bandit 9 lengths last time when we needed the run. He was in better nick today but he does take the odd chance at a fence and just took one stride too many. Not a lot Sam could have done really but we live to fight another day and could go back to Stratford on the bank holiday weekend.

I'd have had him on around 109 (through the 4th and 5th). Might still have a couple of pounds in hand even if he doesn't improve again.

You would have to think the Diomed would be the better option. Fareer can possibly (I think probably) get up to around the 115 mark, but he may need even more in hand than that to win the Hunt Cup, in fact he almost definitely will.

Prankster joins our team as noted in the DBS thread. Hope for great things later in the year as he beat Nicholls Royal Mix in France.

Flattie Kri? Thought you new me better than that. Run in the Autumn and hope and pray he is good enough for Chelt in March. Peter Bowen will get him jumping alright.

:D Well, people often surprise me, Roddy, so I try not to presume too much nowadays! Best of luck with him - I see people like the name so much, there are two others. Quite a lot of horses are called little prankers by their owners - I'm sure you won't be, though.

Best of luck, he looks a decent price, especially in the light of the discussion elsewhere on this thread.

Back