Forum horse connections

One Way Or Another runs in the 4:05 at Newmarket. No real explanation for his poor run at Ascot, for all that the race did not pan out as we had hoped. Sometimes they just run poorly. He is fit and well, and the race, in which there looks likely to be lots of pace, should suit him.

Just post my runners as I am off to Spain for half term. Quattrocento should run at ffos Las Tues prior to preparing for the Summer National. Saturday at Worc should see Santamina trying hurdles for the first time and the very exciting Whereveryougoigo running in the bumper.

One Way Or Another is proving to be an unlucky horse at the moment: hampered and then nearly came down, after which his jockey immediately eased him off. He seemed absolutely fine afterwards and should be out again before long. Just hoping that things can start going his way again soon...

Best of luck por los tres cavallos, Roddy - hope all goes well and they get back safely, and the same for your holiday!

It's a bugger at times, isn't it, JAP? When the poor dears are trying, some numpty gets in their way and dashes their chances and your hopes. All the very best for the next attempt.

Thanks, Krizon. Next race may be the Buck House Stakes on the Friday of Royal Ascot or the Scurry Cup at the Curragh on Irish Derby day (though the temptation to try to nick a race - any race - at one of the gaffes is getting stronger).

He's got a fascinating international mix to his breeding, and I hadn't realised how long he'd lived in Oz before coming here, JA. He's certainly a classy horse, but I can see why a little race before the big tilts might restore any confidence he may have slightly lost after his scare. Even experienced old hands can get a bit of a shake-up when they think they might hit the deck, bless them - although some, and he may be one of them, don't give a Foster's XXXX!

I'm heading out the door to Leopardstown just now. I thought I would be seeing both horses I have an interest in, Camira and Raise The Beat, running today but the latter is a non-runner. He'll take a break now and come back in the autumn. Camira is drawn out wide and the ground might be just a bit too lively for her, but she's in good heart.

Good luck with her Grey. Glad to One way is OK and here's to Roddy's running well this week - and of course CC on Saturday!

FAREER is entered in the Diomed on Friday but they're worrying about the ground and his legs on Epsom's track, so probably doubtful.

Many congrats Grey - well done!

If anyone was at Leopardstown today and got photos of Treasure Beach please let me know. Would love one.

Thanks to all, she did do it nicely, I thought. In fact I'd say that was her best performance to date. A great day.

Her sire, Namid, was a late developer and she was slowly improving last season until getting a bit jaded towards the end of the season. She looks a bit stronger again this year, and I wonder if the decent weather of late isn't also a help. And fair dues to Eddie Harty for keeping her sweet. She wants to do it when she's on the track, she breaks well and is happy to sit on or off the pace provided she is not being got at until the business end of the race.

Back