Forum horse connections

Anyone who has got involved is as guilty of being a child in my mind Tanlic - there's a time and a place for things like that and this thread most definitely isn't it.

No side taken by me ( or reet or benny if im reading them right) just despair that it's happening yet again, but this time on a thread that is meant for nice things!!!

I couldn't give a **** if people bicker about who is right/wrong/faster/slower/ran further etc etc, but this thread and the dead thread are not where it should be.

Last edited:
For f*cks sake don't you realise what absolute idiots you're coming across as. Are you really that blind to the fact that pretty much everyone is sick and tired of it. There are many good people who have given up, and many more who post rarely because they haven't got the energy.

Another thread polluted. You don't need many brain cells to figure out that those who own horses don't need to post here, and probably won't if it continues.

What are you going to do when there's no one left to involve in your petty pathetic arguments?

Last edited:
Call Gandalf the Grey :D

You are of course correct Maruco.....You Hobbits are so wise.

But Digger has gone on an unexpected journey and if you don't care I do

Another good poster gone because of the same infuriating ignorant moron.

That is my last word other than to say if he starts his shyte again I won't miss the fooker

For f*cks sake don't you realise what absolute idiots you're coming across as. Are you really that blind to the fact that pretty much everyone is sick and tired of it. There are many good people who have given up, and many more who post rarely because they haven't got the energy.

Another thread polluted. You don't need many brain cells to figure out that those who own horses don't need to post here, and probably won't if it continues.

What are you going to do when there's no one left to involve in your petty pathetic arguments?

If you'd read Digger's since deleted post, you'd recognise there's no collective responsibility for his departure - just the one person; the same one that's involved in just about every buggered-up thread on this forum.

If you'd read Digger's since deleted post, you'd recognise there's no collective responsibility for his departure - just the one person; the same one that's involved in just about every buggered-up thread on this forum.

well said Reet..i think I should be banned...or burned even..clearly evil

Just to get this thread back on track...

Roddy - all the best with rolling maul tomorrow, hope he gets round safe.

From a punting point of view is he worth a couple of quid? I know you were confident if he'd have got in at Cheltenham, but I assume that was partly due to him likely to have a nice weight and him seeming to love the course.

I remember you said he's flying at home but with him being top weight tomorrow though, albeit down in class, does that temper the confidence a little?

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Roddy.

All the best with him tomorrow. Cracking horse, the sort id love to own if I ever got the chance.

Cheers

EC!
As far as I'm aware you are not evil however I think you have made a grave misjudgement and been guilty of a breach of etiquette ( aka good manners).

I quite understand you hitting back at people that are sniping at you-that's reasonable behaviour.

Is Digger a serial sniper?

His regular posts indicate otherwise and he is generous enough to allow us to share in his trials and triumphs as an owner.
His posts on this thread, along with other members owning all or part of horses, are informative, interesting and certainly get me following their horses mainly vocally but often financially. A privilege I and many others appreciate. Not the behaviour of a wisearse.

As to manners, put yourself in his place. He has shelled out a chunk of money buying a keeping a horse, essentially for enjoyment. Understandably he has an attachment to the horse, wants to see it fit and hopefully performing well. The horse doesn't perform as well as had been hoped. Disappointment but the CoC, his trainer, and several jockeys tell him that there is a valid reason. He feels a little better and is considerate enough to post what he has been told.
Someone he doesn't know, who knows nothing about the horse, wasn't at the course, may not have even watched the race, effectively tells him he does not know what he is talking about. If I were Digger,I, and I suspect a majority of those who read your post, would have told you to put your stopwatch where the sun don't shine. His response was totally understandable.
This is a forum not a pub where you can see and hear tone, facial expressions etc. Here, albeit inadvertently, you were in the wrong.
You are a significant and positive contributor to the forum and rightly get plaudits for a lot of your posts. There are some who appear to enjoy winding you up, that's a pity, and they should reflect on the impact their actions are having on the forum. Ignore them and don't rise to the bait, count the plaudits. That's an earnest request not a criticism as the forum has become a place people seem to almost expect abuse and therefore can misinterpret posts that are in fact harmless.

Last edited:
I think EC1 was trying to be helpful by suggesting that there was data which suggested the going was not on the fast side of good so the witch hunt against EC1 is a bit harsh.

Last edited:
EC!
As far as I'm aware you are not evil however I think you have made a grave misjudgement and been guilty of a breach of etiquette ( aka good manners).

I quite understand you hitting back at people that are sniping at you-that's reasonable behaviour.

Is Digger a serial sniper?

His regular posts indicate otherwise and he is generous enough to allow us to share in his trials and triumphs as an owner.
His posts on this thread, along with other members owning all or part of horses, are informative, interesting and certainly get me following their horses mainly vocally but often financially. A privilege I and many others appreciate. Not the behaviour of a wisearse.

As to manners, put yourself in his place. He has shelled out a chunk of money buying a keeping a horse, essentially for enjoyment. Understandably he has an attachment to the horse, wants to see it fit and hopefully performing well. The horse doesn't perform as well as had been hoped. Disappointment but the CoC, his trainer, and several jockeys tell him that there is a valid reason. He feels a little better and is considerate enough to post what he has been told.
Someone he doesn't know, who knows nothing about the horse, wasn't at the course, may not have even watched the race, effectively tells him he does not know what he is talking about. If I were Digger,I, and I suspect a majority of those who read your post, would have told you to put your stopwatch where the sun don't shine. His response was totally understandable.
This is a forum not a pub where you can see and hear tone, facial expressions etc. Here, albeit inadvertently, you were in the wrong.
You are a significant and positive contributor to the forum and rightly get plaudits for a lot of your posts. There are some who appear to enjoy winding you up, that's a pity, and they should reflect on the impact their actions are having on the forum. Ignore them and don't rise to the bait, count the plaudits. That's an earnest request not a criticism as the forum has become a place people seem to almost expect abuse and therefore can misinterpret posts that are in fact harmless.

thank you very much TS..really appreciate that post.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

The first thing i ask anyone is to go and look at the those newcastle races..and watch how they finish the races...apart from the times...and the fact they watered before it rained..does anyone think its fast side of good? Can anyone remember a NH meeting where they watered.. then it rained..6mm of it..and the ground was fast side Good?

When i read Digger's post i was a bit surprised to say the least. I am also aware that when you own a horse..if it runs below expectation..then reasons will be given.

My thought was that if the ground has been given as a reason..ie too quick..then it doesn't make sense to me. I didn't post to say he doesn't know what he is talking about..i posted because it looked the opposite of what i could see..and measure. Just as i would on any other thread.

If we have a thread on here and we are looking at a meeting..and someone says its fast ground and it looks like good to soft..then its only natural someone will point out that it isn't fast..its a forum..we post opinions..thats what i did here. I won't ever post on this thread again as i can now see its not appreciated..no problem to me at all.

I certainly did not post to antagonise anyone...my record on here is of helpful posts..particularly about the going..i've gone out my way to help at the big meetings like Cheltenham for instance in that regard.

What i would like is to apologise to Digger if he thought i was putting my beak in in a bad way..i wasn't..i was trying to help..so i'd like him to continue posting and forget this happened.

Last edited:
Good stuff lads. Everyone's too keen to take umbrage and hurl insults around on here at the moment.

Let's keep it civil, and get on with discussing the sport we love (and finding those winners).

thank you very much TS..really appreciate that post.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

The first thing i ask anyone is to go and look at the those newcastle races..and watch how they finish the races...apart from the times...and the fact they watered before it rained..does anyone think its fast side of good? Can anyone remember a NH meeting where they watered.. then it rained..6mm of it..and the ground was fast side Good?

When i read Digger's post i was a bit surprised to say the least. I am also aware that when you own a horse..if it runs below expectation..then reasons will be given.

My thought was that if the ground has been given as a reason..ie too quick..then it doesn't make sense to me. I didn't post to say he doesn't know what he is talking about..i posted because it looked the opposite of what i could see..and measure. Just as i would on any other thread.

If we have a thread on here and we are looking at a meeting..and someone says its fast ground and it looks like good to soft..then its only natural someone will point out that it isn't fast..its a forum..we post opinions..thats what i did here. I won't ever post on this thread again as i can now see its not appreciated..no problem to me at all.

I certainly did not post to antagonise anyone...my record on here is of helpful posts..particularly about the going..i've gone out my way to help at the big meetings like Cheltenham for instance in that regard.

What i would like is to apologise to Digger if he thought i was putting my beak in in a bad way..i wasn't..i was trying to help..so i'd like him to continue posting and forget this happened.

For the record.

Reasons were given before the race from trainer and jockey.
Jockey had just won the previous race and commented straight away "It will be too fast for Getty now" .
The CoC informed us in the morning that a drying wind would take any soft out of the ground quickly. This was confirmed by another jockey after race one. Our other stable horse needs Good (fast) ground and he turned around previous form on softer ground to win well.
If we had other options for him he would probably have been pulled out... (as Nicky Richards did with two of his after he stated the ground had gone too fast for him).

Standard Times in NH 2m4 chases have little or no point in my view, as pace during the race changes so often. You are welcome to use your time analysis to try and give you an edge. But i will also firmly beleive that a CoC, multiple jocks, multiple trainers will know more about the ground and how it will affect a horse, than your stop watch ever will. What you did was continue to make out that i was somehow being put away by people whose job it is to look after horses and their welfare, as your times did not agree with their analysis.

Please dont for a second try and make out you were trying to be helpful, it was clear as day what you were trying to do.

I got involved in Horse Racing because I love Horses and I'll no longer be engaging in the majority of the forum as I really cannot be ar$ed with train spotters and maths geeks. Would be lovely if someone would launch a horse racing forum again.

For the record.

I got involved in Horse Racing because I love Horses and I'll no longer be engaging in the majority of the forum as I really cannot be ar$ed with train spotters and maths geeks. Would be lovely if someone would launch a horse racing forum again.

Humanity is now faced with a stark choice: Evolve or die. …

Back