Forum horse connections

Thanks Mr. Leech for such an imaginative and chuckle-inducing piece, and a refreshing antidote to the goings-on on this thread a few pages back.

:) I look forward to seeing you at the races in one of your new tweedy suits. Make sure the great man doesn't give you any cast-offs.

Looks like Haydock for a couple on Saturday.Looking forward to the racing but dreading the traffic. Have to get one of my boys to drive

Looks like Haydock for a couple on Saturday.Looking forward to the racing but dreading the traffic. Have to get one of my boys to drive

I've got one going there as well. My attempts to get to the course by public transport have been thwarted as no West Coast main line trains are running out of Euston over Easter. :(

Very good Paul. A nice amusing read!

In all seriousness, what are the plans. Will you go to Punchestown?

First of all, thanks for the messages and sorry if I caught anyone out. Yes, we're still planning on the Champion bumper at Punchestown. Realistically he will have his work cut out but he's matured for the experience at Cheltenham and we will ride him a bit differently. He's just ticking over right now and schooling over a few hurdles before we step up his work. He deserves to take his chance in what will be his final bumper.

I've got one going there as well. My attempts to get to the course by public transport have been thwarted as no West Coast main line trains are running out of Euston over Easter. :(

Michael get the train from Baker St or Marylebone to Amersham and I can take you . Its only 40 mins from town

Last edited:
Hard lines with Jamie roddy looks like he'll be out for a while hopefully you'll be able to get a decent replacement for the national for al co and any others!

Am I right in thinking Sean needs one more winner to qualify for a ride in the GN Roddy, or has he won that one now ?

And Future Gilded in the £50k chase. Tipped up by Timeform I see, but he won't go up if the ground turns heavy. Frustrating situation if we pull out because Jamie is in tremendous form.

Apache Gold reappears in Cork tomorrow.
Five runs there; three wins and twice runner up so confident of a good run even if distance and ground a challenge.
Donnacha O Brien takes off 7 and given his superb ride on Apache last October we are delighted that "the lads " released him for the ride.
Grey to make a special guest appearance as well so all roads lead to Mallow for this day of days !
All the best Roddy and Michael o; it might be a day for a multi horse docket !

Back