Forum horse connections

Well done Roddy.

Archie - unlucky on just finding one too good. Your lad has been a bit unlucky and just needs a change of fortune. I'm sure he'll be winning soon.

Well done Roddy, sorry we couldn't make it a double. Some people are saying our lad doesn't go through with his effort. May be true but I've not had feedback for today yet. He definitely has talent on the gallops but they seem to be having difficulty in getting the trip/track right. Can't help but feel that he'll come in at 20/1 one of these days.

Buachaill allain should run well at Cartmel tomorrow if he can handle the track , Sean Rides

Seemed to handle the track ok Roddy, He seemed to thrive on the long run in there, Another 50yds and he would have worn the winner down.

Seemed to handle the track ok Roddy, He seemed to thrive on the long run in there, Another 50yds and he would have worn the winner down.

Agree Fonz- he finds well for pressure. Definitely deserves a couple more wins.

Last edited:
Bay of Freedom is in the Novices Hurdle at Galway tomorrow. He's had a break and seems better for it and the 2 1/2 miles will suit him better on a course he's won at. Hopeful rather than confident; Gangster looks a very nice horse but not much between 4/5 of the others. Delighted to have Barry Geraghty riding.

A long way to Tipperary for Apache Gold tomorrow.
Might be a long way home for him too given 7.5 furlongs on soft to heavy but Connor King steering so here is hoping.
Met On The Bridle at Cork too, he sends his best wishes to all.

Oliver's Gold looks certain to run Monday in the 5.30 Thirsk a flat race over 2 miles. He has recovered well from his cut leg and I wish I could be more positive as I feel I am responsible for talking the trainer into trying a flat race over further than 1m 4f but it is an amateur jockey's race and I have no idea who the jockey is? I will however be backing the horse as I do believe he is exceptionally well handicapped on the flat.

Well done to Apache Gold, who has just won at Tipperary. He's no star, and his winning days don't come along all that often, but he's the soundest, most consistent and most honest horse you'll ever come across.

I took over the share of a friend who died a few years ago. I hope you're celebrating too, Michael.

Eddie's trackside, they're all very happy there.

Well done to Apache Gold, who has just won at Tipperary. He's no star, and his winning days don't come along all that often, but he's the soundest, most consistent and most honest horse you'll ever come across.

I took over the share of a friend who died a few years ago. I hope you're celebrating too, Michael.

Eddie's trackside, they're all very happy there.

I asked our man standing on course for us if he knew any of you as I was interested to know if the owners where at the track. Delighted for all of you.

I asked our man standing on course for us if he knew any of you as I was interested to know if the owners where at the track. Delighted for all of you.

There've been times at Cork when having a few syndicate horses running doubles the size of the crowd.

Many thanks all.
Another good night to be alive.
Local "Pride of Tipperary " night with lots of local sponsors and Ken Whelan MC on course.
Decent champagne for winning connections also with obligatory stop off at Greenwood Inn Ardpatrick on the way home.

All the very best Chef !

Back