Forum horse connections

Well done archie

Good luck Roddy

Sorry to hear about Razor - Grey & edgt

Oliver's Gold entered for hurdle & chase at Sedgefield on Thursday - I would like to see him over fences as he jumps them well at home.

Pity about Razzer. A top top horse in the making.
He was my reason to do the unthinkable and go to The Festival to witness Art's moment in the sun if only to see if Grey could get excited by anything.
I even got yellow baseball caps printed for the occasion; some of you may remember Baldeagle and myself wearing them ( looking like complete parrot heads) but we had a ball, met wonderful people and all the rest.
I still have the hat in a safe place to remind me what Raise The Bet did for me; only for him I may well not have been involved here at all.

Excited? I was sick with excitement for months beforehand!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. We knew we were taking a chance by trying to bring him back.

On the other hand Colm Murphy believed in the horse and very generously looked after him free of charge for the year he was on the easy list before training could resume. These are the kind of gestures that people don't usually get to hear about.

Last edited:
Apache Gold runs Gowran Park 6.55 tomorrow in hands and heels apprentice race.
Donnacha attempts to be the first jockey to win twice on the horse.
He rang for the ride so either all is not be well at Ballydoyle or else he believes our "lads " to be the future , God help him !
Anyone heading there come and say hello .

Sorry to hear about raise the beat grey, good luck roddy with miss eyelash stable flying again! Also good luck to apache and primo capitano!

I thought that too. Difficult to go again from the front without a couple of cracks if he's used to it. Decent performance all the same.

We've retired Primo Capitano. Yesterday's race at Southwell showed beyond any doubt that he no longer has the heart for racing. Sad, but there we go.

Happy retirement to Primo Capitano Michael.

Also well done to the lads for the good run of Apache Gold.

Poor guy; I even offered him my lucky "Man from Del Monte" suit but he declined it without my having a monkey in the top pocket for him: the best I could do was a few neutered Collie X dogs. That run will sweeten her up for her next race with luck.

Oliver's Gold is running in the 6.40 at Kelso tomorrow (Wednesday). It is the handicap hurdle rather than the chase as Mark thinks the chasers are too experienced for Oliver's to cope with at the moment.

He still seems in very good form and we are hopeful

Good luck SC.

We had Sakhees Return run last week at Doncaster at the Leger meeting in the 7f 0-100 handicap. I think a combination of the ground and the way the race unfolded was against him.

We also have 3 horses with Brendan Powell that are running at the moment. Shares are still available if anyone fancies getting involved - just let me know. The horses are:

Little Big Man - We have been experimenting with turf and fibresand recently and have given him a break. He'll be back out again soon and should be competitive.
Cockle Town Boy - 3YO who has been a bit immature. Coming to hand well and is running over 6f and 7f on the polytrack. Was unlucky last week and is just a fun horse in his own grade.
Golden Bird - A stayer who run last week over 2m at Chelmsford. We're learning about him and he'll be going over hurdles this winter. Has been schooling well.

A very frustrating season with Ladweb could be back on track at Sandown tomorrow.

He has been really struggling out of the stalls and we have no idea why this is.

As we have the plum draw tomorrow we are hoping he can get a reasonable start, if he can he should really be winning or at least going very close in the lowest grade he has ran in for well over a year.

Back