Forum horse connections

chef, one of my racing friends a lady called Ruth who used to post as Quixall Crossett on Final Furlong is a regular racegoer at Bangor and with her permission here is a couple of photos of Cornborough from yesterday

Cornborough%20Bangor%20May%2014th%202016_zpsd03tfcrj.jpg

Cornborough%20again%20Bangor%20May%2014th%202016_zpslochy8f1.jpg

Thanks Roger much appreciated

Roddy, I didn't get a photo of him, but I saw old Ballyvesey at Perth on Wednesday evening looking very well before his run in the hunters chase there.

Ballyveysey has a claim to fame as the first horse into the parade ring prior to the first ever race at Ffos Llas

DSCF0358.jpg

Last edited:
I remember it well. What a great evening, spent with Roddy and Ruth. I also spent a few hours with Gordon Elliot and 'Elvis' Nolan afterwards chewing the fat whilst taking advantage of the hospitality.

Apparently I had a night out in Llanelli afterwards, which I'm much less clear on! :whistle:

Apache Gold back home in Cork 7.00 Friday.
Chris Hayes rides so we are hopeful of a good ew run once it rains; 74 sec is his time for cd so if ground is quick he is lost.
Hot enough looking contest, head gear back on.

Last edited:
Good luck both.

I've had a few quid on Rolling Maul so hopefully pays for Sunday's day at the races.

If he's got his confidence back (assuming he lost it a bit when trying chasing?) then surely he beats these well. He looked a brilliant hurdler the other year

Amazing how cruel this game can be , five years ago myself and partner decided we wouldn't insure our horses any more as too expensive. Five years no problem. Discussing this and being quietly pleased we did the the right thing just two weeks ago. Then we lose Red Six and yesterday the vet discovers Serious cancer in Regal Diamond. Two of our best horses lost in two weeks. Bollocks

Back