Forum horse connections

Thanks all. A long day but a very good one. A decent performance to give Shattered Love 7lb and we heard that Gordon expected to win. She only got going late on and it took Ruby a long time to pull her up. Although Ruby wondered if he'd gone quick enough, the race time was 3.7 seconds faster than the WKD race that followed. You'd think that the Cheltenham hill would be in her favour but it's a long time away yet and the stable probably has half a dozen realistic contenders who are still to come out. All the same, £50k from 5 races in 16 weeks isn't bad for a £20k horse. Worth a little more now I'd guess.

Last edited:
Thanks all. A long day but a very good one. A decent performance to give Shattered Love 7lb and we heard that Gordon expected to win. She only got going late on and it took Ruby a long time to pull her up. Although Ruby wondered if he'd gone quick enough, the race time was 3.7 seconds faster than the WKD race that followed. You'd think that the Cheltenham hill would be in her favour but it's a long time away yet and the stable probably has half a dozen realistic contenders who are still to come out. All the same, £50k from 5 races in 16 weeks isn't bad for a £20k horse. Worth a little more now I'd guess.

It most certainly is not - Down Royal do a nice job with owners usually as well. Congratulations Archie.

Our Syndicate horse Cornborough runs tomorrow (Saturday) 3.15 Wetherby - He's had the bug and may still be getting over it? He seems in good form at home and if over his problems? Should have an e/way shout. I'll be having a speculative small e/way but am not confident.

Back