Forum horse connections

My syndicate horses running this week

Oliver's Gold 2.45 Kelso today - is in good form and should run well but not confident of winning.

Cape Hideaway 2.05 Mkt Rasen - Friday - In great form and will be disappointed if he didn't go close.

Cornborough 4.25 Nottingham - Saturday - Should run well if he gets in.

Wadswick Court will be trying for his life as normal but it is a very tough race. Lets hope we start the season well

A decent enough run. A couple of scruffy jumps didn't help but the winner looks very well handicapped

Good that Wadswick Court hung on for 2nd

Onwards and upwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a new addition to our syndicate - Magnolia Ridge 4.20 Sedgefield - not expecting much just hoping for a decent performance and hopefully he will do better when he goes chasing. There is a strong word for the Skelton horse but at 10/11 in a field this size that is stating the obvious.

Best of luck going forward, both.

Looks like Airlie will go to Auteuil on Saturday. In other news:
Daydream Beach (Airlie's half sister) is in foal to Shantou.
Bunk Off Early had a bout of colic but seems to be ok and should be back in autumn.
Cadmium's stress fracture has scanned clear and we're excited for his return over fences in autumn.
Torrent Des Mottes and Madurai should be out in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Unlucky, Archie........though you should still consider going......Auteuil is a great day out, and the racing this weekend is top-drawer.

If it's any consolation, you would have run into the freight-train that is Device. Now that he is being upped in trip, I'm expecting a demolition job. :cool:

Roddy - good luck with Maul tomorrow.

Archie - all the best with your runners.

SC/ Quevega etc good luck with your runners in the coming weeks.

I've been checking into the forum a lot less recently due to other things getting in the way and after reading another thread tonight I don't envisage staying involved much at all. Thank you to anyone who has given a steer on their runners. There has been some cracking days on this thread.

We have Ladweb back in action tomorrow at Thirsk.
With the weather coming in our favour and the small field we felt it was worth a go in the class 2 despite being out of the handicap.
Hopefully we can at least nick some prize money.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Alfa Wolf has had three starts already this season (disappointing the last twice) and goes at Prague again in a Class 3 1m race on Sunday. Always have a good jockey up and Jan Raja who's won on him before rides on Sunday.

Martin

I see Apache Gold has been busy the last month and a bit - out today in a maiden hurdle at Limerick and should get a handicap mark after this race.

Last edited:
I see Apache Gold has been busy the last month and a bit - out today in a maiden hurdle at Limerick and should get a handicap mark after this race.

Yes, chef, but edgt, baldeagle and I are no longer involved since last October.

As far as I'm concerned the horse gave everything he could for six years and deserves to be retired.

One of our syndicate horses has a chance at Hexham 6.45 tonight but I haven't received an update and nor has anyone else in the syndicate I've spoken to. I can't recommend a bet and will probably have a small win bet out of loyalty.

Stitched up?

Trying to find out. It could be syndicate organiser is on holiday. Fortunately I e-mailed the whole syndicate this morning and most had a bet. A lot of them didn't know he was running and most have e-mailed back and thanked me. Would love to know what the stable thought as a lot of the info recently has been spot on. I did have a score on at 5.2 but it may have been a bigger bet or not?

Two runners tomorrow for our syndicate - Oliver's Gold at Cartmel - he was pulled up l/t/o because the saddle slipped badly - he's in good form but the ground is soft which he hasn't acted on yet and probably wont tomorrow if he runs.

At Redcar we have Cornborough running bt he wants soft in the ground but the current going is g/firm. If there is plenty of rain overnight and tomorrow and the going changes to anything with soft in it he would have a sneaky e/way shot at a price.

Two runners tomorrow for our syndicate - Oliver's Gold at Cartmel - he was pulled up l/t/o because the saddle slipped badly - he's in good form but the ground is soft which he hasn't acted on yet and probably wont tomorrow if he runs.

At Redcar we have Cornborough running bt he wants soft in the ground but the current going is g/firm. If there is plenty of rain overnight and tomorrow and the going changes to anything with soft in it he would have a sneaky e/way shot at a price.

Well done with both of those, nice 39-1 double

Back