Forum horse connections

That was a very pleasant surprise. We thought Cornborough had an e/way shout if the ground eased but Oliver's Gold has never won in that grade and on soft ground. By the look of the times on the Chase track it wasn't as soft as the official going said. Stable horses are running well.

Our syndicate horses Cape Hideaway(Newcastle 6.40) & Magnolia Ridge(Hexham 5.20) are both running today and reportedly in good form.

Tjukurrpa finally got the nod to run at Listowel tomorrow.
Maiden with horses rated around 70 with a batch of tasty newcomers also.
Colin Keane rides so we should finally find out if it is a waste of time.

Some encouragement there, Eddie

More than encouragement thanks .
We just might have a racehorse after all.
Jockey well pleased and thought she might like a little further over slightly easier going.
Let us see how handicapper reacts but at least she has given us one good day out.

A nice shot in the arm. Good for her.

Madurai goes in the maiden at Listowel today. Given his previous problems you'd have thought he'd need the run and any more rain won't help.

A shot in the arm followed by a kick up the ass I fear.
Raised 39 lb to 66 for that effort; the Epsom Derby winner got 11 lb by comparison.
Who says the handicapper does not have a sense of humour ?

She would have been some beast off 45 in a handicap if only she could have got a run but was at the end of every ballot when entered.
C'est la guerre.

The handicapper has shown no mercy, Eddie, especially when you consider the ones in front went too fast. Let's hope she improves some more when stepped up another couple of furlongs. Might there be a suitable maiden for her?

Tjukurrpa must nearly deserve an entry in Guinness Book of Records for getting the greatest penalty by a handicapper for not winning or finishing second in a race ever.
A great article for you Colm;" Epsom Derby winner gets an 11 lb hike while a Listowel maiden third place gets 39 lb; discuss the algebra involved."
Complicate it by the first,second and fourth having their debut run, the fifth according to Pat Smullen "did not go through with her effort ", the sixth off a historical high mark she cannot live up to, the odds on fav and APOB runner obviously not running to their ratings.
Justify your answer.
If that question came up on Leaving Cert maths Liveline and Joe Duffy would be on fire with complaints for the rest of June.
Me, I sure hope the Handicapper is right and at least have another yarn for the paddock side railing !

P.S. Richard will be delighted and will take credit for at least 30 of the 39lb improvement Colm.

Last edited:
Most of you won't have spotted that a few days ago edgt put a piece about Tjukurrpa in the blog section of this forum. I've only just seen it myself, it's well hidden.

It's a nice piece though, Eddie

It is a lovely piece, thanks for mentioning it Art and thanks to Eddie for posting up.

your passion comes out throughout it Ed and that's what makes this game great. Everyone has that dream..

get together a horse that jumps Eddie and we can have some proper fun

Back