Forum horse connections

Thanks for the updates guys, it’s appreciated as always. And good luck this evening Kauto.

Last edited:
Finished 3rd for a finish. I was worried about the track for her with her so much stamina in her pedigree but they all have to start off somewhere and she has a run under her belt now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all.

Grey, clear your inbox.

Apologies, done now, Kauto.

Blue Jacaranda looked very well in the parade ring and Patrick Mullins arrived by helicopter from Killarney to ride her. He kept her to the outside on a very short rein the whole way round and she was quite green. She'll surely come on for the run.

The winner of the race won it very well. He was being roared on by his trainer (I think) who was waving his crutches as Mr Melia passed the post and exclaimed "I needed that" before making a beeline for the winners enclosure. I thought at first he was about to throw away the crutches and proclaim a miracle. Such excitement was understandable, because it was the stable's first win for six years. Sadly, however, the RP reports that the horse was quite lame afterwards. Here's hoping the horse will be ok.

Last edited:

Blue Jacaranda looked very well in the parade ring and Patrick Mullins arrived by helicopter from Killarney to ride her. He kept her to the outside on a very short rein the whole way round and she was quite green. She'll surely come on for the run.

The winner of the race won it very well. He was being roared on by his trainer (I think) who was waving his crutches as Mr Melia passed the post and exclaimed "I needed that" before making a beeline for the winners enclosure. I thought at first he was about to throw away the crutches and proclaim a miracle. Such excitement was understandable, because it was the stable's first win for six years. Sadly, however, the RP reports that the horse was quite lame afterwards. Here's hoping the horse will be ok.

:lol:

Thanks for that Grey. I couldn’t get a message to you. Ya Patrick said after she was far too keen for her own good and she fought him all the way around. Hopefully she’ll learn from it now.

The 2nd mare gets her chance tonight in the Ballinrobe bumper. Suvretta is a well bred Yeats mare & her dam is a half sister to William Henry who’s a Cheltenham festival winner. She should enjoy a summer bumper more with flat winners over 12f in her family.

Fingers crossed for a good run.

Last edited:
Best of luck to both of you, gents. This new bumper, confined to 4yo fillies, seems to have filled a gap in the calendar and the winners of its first two editions have been the very smart Getaway Katie Mai and Gypsy Island.

Meanwhile here is a report on Mister Melia, the winner of Saturday's Kilbeggan bumper. If there is any justice the horse will recover and go on to do well: https://www.racingpost.com/news/dream-to-nightmare-stylish-bumper-winner-suffers-injury-after-kilbeggan-victory/396947

Willie must think she's decent to to aim her at the race. She's been backed in expectation too. Also I notice Jessie has withdrawn hers, which may be coincidence, but often Jessie will withdraw a good horse in a heat where she expects to be beat.

I'm sure Gordon's will be no slouch, he won't have booked Jamie Codd for a day out, but hopefully it all adds up to a very good day for you both. Fingers crossed for safe home and the bonus of a very good run.

Last edited:
Roddy’s Dalkinstown goes in the bumper at Worcester with raisin - fingers crossed for them ( though obviously Raisin needs way more help [emoji2356] !!)

Had to have a couple of quid on at 10/1 on Betfair 4 place market - only 7 runners. Good luck

We decided when he was watching himself on the big screen he was actually going “hi mum, look at me - I’m in front!! See how fast I can go to the back....”

Thanks everyone, it's been a great few days. The two heroines are fine after their exertions, so hopefully there's more to look forward to.

By the way Eddie (edgt) and Pat (Baldeagle) are also in Jazzaway.

Grey,
Both of your Getaway winners form franked over the weekend with Cromwell’s winning on Friday night and John Ryan’s winning the bumper today.

Yes, saw that, thanks, it's no harm is it?

Jazzaway is by Shantou, her dam, grand dam and great dam all have -away names. By the way.

Raisin schooled today - first time. Think it’s safe to say he enjoyed himself [emoji4]
84ac105f0334cf09c4e869a960e0a735.jpg

Back