Forum horse connections

3rd for VIOLET'S GIFT, Brochdoll - hope you had some e/w at longer odds, unlike me not getting on even a fiver @ 7/1 for TTC. Here's hoping for further fun with your horse.

Thanks and well done to you too Kri. I managed to get on a small ew at 11/2 so pleased with that. She was nowhere near the front 2 but got up to nick 3rd so Im happy with that :)

Cheers, Troodles - ONE COOL CHICK was down to run at Brighton tomorrow, so I was interested to see why John Bridger was running her there, when her most recent outing at Epsom seemed disastrously adrift. Didn't handle that course, so why pick a tighter, more eye-popping version? :blink:

I'm not sure I understand trainers' logic at times. Perhaps make that 'most of the time'!

An early start to the new Jump's season for me, with Vincitore running in his first chase at Stratford tomorrow. Only 4 runners, but the nerves are a-jangle already. The trip is on the sharp side for him and the Hobbs horse has a higher rating over hurdles. Getting round without mishap will be the priority.

Supreme Quest of whom I own a quarter is back on track at Bath tomorrow after fifteen weeks off. She's had a number of niggling problems, none of them serious. She's put on a bit of weight and Roger Charlton thinks it's possible she may need the race. Sajwah gave a considerable boost to her form last week and her chance is there for all to see. We think she didn't stay 6f last time out so the drop back to 5f will suit and the trainer has always been adamant that she's a fast ground filly. Supreme Quest is best in on official ratings although I personally think that her official mark of 82 is very much on the high side. Lady Jameela is the obvious danger.

I can't get to Bath to see it as I'm working. It's a pity because in the event of her winning I was looking forward to standing in the winners' enclosure and announcing that in the light of the very modest prize money on offer I intend to relocate my bloodstock interests abroad.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

I run Lough Corrib and Evergreen Forest tomorrow at Bath in the 2.40 and 4.40, I have 3 spare badges if anyone would like one.

I'm as sick as a small hospital. Was looking forward to the next two days with decent chances. Copper Dock and Zhukhov at Laytown and Bangalore Diamond at Down Royal. Copper Dock looked certain to get in being no. 1 on the ballot but all ten above him declared so he's out! Just hoping to get a non runner so he gets in. Thats after Bangalore and Rattle the Latch missed getting in by one each on Sunday in Dundalk. First Dundalk meeting that I can remember there was no non-runners!!

If someone could sabotage one of the other runners I would be eternally grateful!! :(:(:(

I hate to blow my own trumpet, but as (once again) no other bugger's going to do it - TRY THE CHANCE won again at Carlisle today. For those of you who didn't bother to take the 5-1... :confused:

To be honest I didn't know he was running today but that's really great, Krizon.

He was off the bridle from some way out but showed a lot of resolution, the front two went well clear and your boy had the edge. You deserve to be proud of him.

I'm very grateful to Paul Thorman of Trickledown Stud, Grey, who mentored me through Goff's Sales at Naas, and found the mum, DANETIME OUT, for me, already i/f to MAJESTIC MISSILE. She's still standing at the Murphys' Redpender Stud, who bought TTC at the foal sales and sold him on. I wasn't sure if he didn't appreciated Matthew giving him a couple of spanks - slight turn of the head then - but he does seem resolved, as you say. Thanks - I'm honestly chuffed to bits as so far the only other foal which has gone on to have a win, and only one, is CARNIVAL DREAM, and she's still loitering in Class 6 levels, bless her.

We sold DANETIME OUT i/f to to PICCOLO and the Murphys took her on to some of Joe Foley's sires, and I've lost track of what she's produced to date for them, but they like her a lot. Although unraced, she was very sturdy and correct, no white markings, a pleasant head and no nasties.

I'm as sick as a small hospital. Was looking forward to the next two days with decent chances. Copper Dock and Zhukhov at Laytown and Bangalore Diamond at Down Royal. Copper Dock looked certain to get in being no. 1 on the ballot but all ten above him declared so he's out! Just hoping to get a non runner so he gets in. Thats after Bangalore and Rattle the Latch missed getting in by one each on Sunday in Dundalk. First Dundalk meeting that I can remember there was no non-runners!!

If someone could sabotage one of the other runners I would be eternally grateful!! :(:(:(

This is rather careless of you, especially after enlisting the whole forum to help choose a rider.

You mention sabotage of one of the other runners, but what is wrong with pointing out to them as clearly as possible that this is not the day for fun at the seaside, especially with the longer term future of their charges in mind?

Back