Forum horse connections

Copper Dock runs tomorrow night in Dundalk in a conditions race where he is as much as 31lbs wrong at the weights. We have no option but to run as there are no other races for him. The plan was he would be about 7lbs higher by now and in no fear of ballot in the premier handicaps coming up over 6 & 7f at Dundalk. A good run tomorrow night may help in that regard.

A lovely start under rules for Cross Of Honour, wins the bumper at Carlisle in great style. Well done, michael o, please keep us posted about his progress!:)

Wow - I'll have to catch that triumph on replays. That's wonderful. Big congrats to Michael O, and a handful of Polos to COH!

Looked a bit of a scrimmage at Dundalk, and they all seemed to race in a fairly tight ball, so if COPPER DOCK couldn't get a run, I'm not surprised - but he did get his name called!

Last edited:
Thanks folks. Yes he was impressive, though in the end he might not have had too much to beat. But he's a lovely athletic horse and Charlie thinks the world of him. Will keep you posted on future plans.

There was dancin' on the streets of Carlisle last night....

Ever-neat and tidy jumping by NO PANIC just now at Chepstow, finishing 5th under Jamie Moore, who accepted that others finished faster (and the winner with the benefit of a claiming weight) and didn't knock him about. I didn't realise quite how sharp the uphill finish is at the course until seeing the head-on. It takes a bit of pulling away from the last all right.

No Panic ran his usual honest race at Chepstow just now. He jumped really well like he always does. He led into the straight but got overhauled between the last two fences and ended up fifth.

Great grinding run from the back by cute li'l PEACHEZ to land 2nd at Windsor - well done, Flame! Flame's got a whole bunch of horseys with Alastair Lidderdale, but this little soul is proving a very sincere and useful one of the number.

Getting quite busy at the old corrall these days.

Quattrocento ,in very good form,running at Chelt Friday, Michael Fogarty rides him.
No Panic may compete in this or may run Saturday at Chelt or most likely run at Fakenham next week in a £10k . Eitherway he is off a goodmark and in good form.
Book `em Danno is in a class 1 listed novice hurdle at Kempton on Sunday. Jamie Moore rides.On his way to the Supreme?
Catch the Fire should run at Exeter in the juvenile on Tuesday, if we get some rain.

Interesting times, Roddy, I hope the next week goes very well for you.

Book 'Em Danno looks to have the best hurdles form in the Kempton race (assuming Steps To Freedom stays in Ireland).

Given he is related to some very good flat performers, do you imagine Catch The Fire might be tried in that sphere too, or would that be anathema to you and the trainer?

Interesting times, Roddy, I hope the next week goes very well for you.

Book 'Em Danno looks to have the best hurdles form in the Kempton race (assuming Steps To Freedom stays in Ireland).

Given he is related to some very good flat performers, do you imagine Catch The Fire might be tried in that sphere too, or would that be anathema to you and the trainer?

On his way to the Supreme you mean?

I realise that old boy,but you know me. An anathema is probably close to the mark. Mind you the prize money is tempting. I am afraid those Winter months of racing at Chepstow and ptp`s,my father took me to when I was a dwt ( bairn )had a disturbing effect on my brain

In that case the horse will just have to accept the best way of getting from a to b is by going over rather than 'round obstacles.

Good luck with it all.

After being withdrawn three times on account of the going and being balloted out on another four occasions, Simpson Millar finally gets to race again 2:40 Pontefract.

It is over 6 furlongs although we would have preferred 7, but it has been difficult to find a race before the end of the turf season.

He will be wearing sheepskin cheek pieces which we hope will enable him to concentrate more and he has been gelded since his last run, which should also help in keeping his mind on the job. He is working well at home and if he can reproduce that on the track he should not be far away. It is not the strongest race in the world but Kevin Ryan and Mark Johnson have runners which will no doubt be well fancied but after his other performances I think we will happy if he is somewhere is contention.

Vincitore runs in the Fred Rimell Memorial chase at Worcester tomorrow. The form of his previous race has been franked and he should have a great chance in what is effectively a match.

Back