Forum horse connections

Thanks folks. He travelled much better today with the cheekpieces and I just knew on the run-in that he would outbattle the runner-up -- never knows when he's beaten. The best thing about it was that the legendary Mercy Rimell presented us with the silver cup they won at the 1970 Grand National (Gay Trip). We get to keep it for a year......magic!

Good for you, Michael, two wins in quick succession are keeping you nicely aboard the Longsden stable's wave.

No Panic runs at Fakenham Friday and is in great form off a good mark. I see Nicholls horse who was second to you yesterday Michael is entered, doubtful to run?

Sunday at Wincanton Ballyvesey comes back in the Desert Orchid chase in his prep for Aintree. Should run well.Hopefully Dennis rides.

Good luck tomorrow Roddy, the race has cut up nicely. Fakenham is a course I always enjoyed visiting, though the drive seems to take for ever. Are you going?

Don't know what happened there with NO PANIC - fourth of four, very strange. Hope he's okay and not suffering an early winter lurgy.

as got carried away in the wrongest of threads, a litte note in here that both our horses are running in frankfurt on sunday. beltaine fire (aka betty) runs in a 6f maiden for 2yo, and bonfire drops back to 10f for his handicap3. both are ridden by a french guy called pecheur, whom we neither know or have ever heard of. he claims 4kg, so both should be well in. fingers crossed please!

Simpson Millar has a hairline fracture and will be rested until March next year, so while he hopefully makes a full recovery we have leased a jumper called Red Skipper. He runs today in the 2:45 Wetherby and we're quite hopeful he'll be in the mix.

Seemed to be o.k.-someone connected to Ballymacoll told my brother he was a Derby horse-I always keep an eye on him.

Nibani is a bit sore but we think he is okay. Fergus thought something had snapped or he had broken down and quickly pulled him up. He took a false step and stumbled 4f out and it's possible he clipped heels. The replay doesn't show us much and we can't actually see any marks on him to suggest he was struck into. The main thing is he seems okay, but I'm getting the Vet in Monday to thoroughly assess him and see if they can find anything. After the week I've had with Evergreen Forest getting injured and then one dying on Thursday night, I really felt awful tonight thinking I was about to go through it all over again, and with one of my favourites as well. Had he not been okay, I think that would have just about crushed me.

So sorry to hear about NIBANI, Flame - after that super 2nd at Lingfield, too. Sweet little soul, although do you think your startling new appearance is distracting some of the horses? I think we should be told...

Back