Forum horse connections

Strong Vigilance goes in 5.15 Wolves. He's an absolute rogue but is well handicapped, has the right draw for his racing style and has Mr Spencer on board who coaxes the best of him. He's not worth an ew bet but I'll be backing him to win as he either hacks up or throws the hay out of his box!

In Bloom runs in the Grade 1 Spring Juvenile Hurdle at Leopardstown on Sunday. Apparently she is very well and we hope she has a happier experience than last time out at Gowran. But you don't need me to tell you this is tough. Big price small chance, but the race should give us a better idea of where we stand with her.

Cross of Honour goes in the first at Musselburgh tomorrow. Looks like a great opportunity to record a first hurdles win and full marks to CEL for taking advantage when the entries re-opened on Wednesday. Surprised more southern yards didn't do likewise. Can't say I'm looking forward to receiving the bill for travelling expenses though.

And best of luck to Grey at Leopardstown. Tough, but if you're not in you can't win.

In Bloom runs in the Grade 1 Spring Juvenile Hurdle at Leopardstown on Sunday. Apparently she is very well and we hope she has a happier experience than last time out at Gowran. But you don't need me to tell you this is tough. Big price small chance, but the race should give us a better idea of where we stand with her.

Best of luck Grey - very decent looking race. Way overpriced based on her last run. Her previous run would give her a sporting EW chance.

Cross of Honour goes in the first at Musselburgh tomorrow. Looks like a great opportunity to record a first hurdles win and full marks to CEL for taking advantage when the entries re-opened on Wednesday. Surprised more southern yards didn't do likewise. Can't say I'm looking forward to receiving the bill for travelling expenses though.

And best of luck to Grey at Leopardstown. Tough, but if you're not in you can't win.

Favourites chance Michael.....best of luck. Hope he doesn't get travel sickness.

Well done Hezz with Shisa! Hope you cleaned up

Only seeing this now Barry. Cheers, but not a penny on. Shame, as Johnny had said 2 weeks earlier that he'd win in 2 weeks time. Run in between threw spanner in the works.

Well done with Copper Dock. What a servant he's been! You've been patient and loyal, and he keeps doing it for you :)

Only seeing this now Barry. Cheers, but not a penny on. Shame, as Johnny had said 2 weeks earlier that he'd win in 2 weeks time. Run in between threw spanner in the works.

Well done with Copper Dock. What a servant he's been! You've been patient and loyal, and he keeps doing it for you :)

Appreciate that Hezz, has the Sakhee's secret been named yet - he's a beaut!

No name for Sakhee yet. I've proposed a provisional name for the Henry which we're going with. The end of this month a lot should happen, so will update you as soon as I know more. Sakhee is some picture of a horse alright!! Hopefully all 4 make the track, but particularly these 2!!

Good luck Grey and Michael - I'll no doubt be stuck in a supermarket with the missus and mother-in-law and will have to watch the replays. I remember when I loved Saturdays. At least if these run well it will put a smile back on my face. All the best.

COH couldn't have done it more easily or more impressively today. Got to think about Cheltenham now; he holds a Neptune Investments entry but that is surely aiming too high. I expect he will be given a more realistic target in one of the handicaps.

Last edited:
Well done, Michael, I see Cross Of Honour won "heavily eased on flat", and the RP man thinks he ought to be "highly competitive in handicap company". Unfortunately I missed the race and for some reason there is no replay available on either the Sporting Life or Racing Post sites, but it certainly sounds like you're entitled to be thinking about Cheltenham, which is great.

And well done to Flame.

Thanks Grey & Tout Seul. He did it very well yesterday and looked like he won with about a stone in hand. He'd be much better going left-handed on a galloping track so Cheltenham should suit very well.

Will be watching the 1.05 from Leopardstown with everything crossed for you Grey!

Well done! Was at Muss yesterday but hadnt noticed this or may have backed yours and not the second placed ;-). He was impressive

It was a disappointing outcome for In Bloom today after travelling nicely and jumping well for a good part of the race. It turns out she burst a blood vessel.

Sorry to hear that, Grey. Hopefully just one of those minor setbacks that happen from time to time. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Well done, Michael, I see Cross Of Honour won "heavily eased on flat", and the RP man thinks he ought to be "highly competitive in handicap company". Unfortunately I missed the race and for some reason there is no replay available on either the Sporting Life or Racing Post sites, but it certainly sounds like you're entitled to be thinking about Cheltenham, which is great.

And well done to Flame.

Sluiced up - well done Michael.

Un Guet Apens has his first run for us tomorrow at Ayr. Would have rather the ground wasnt so heavy but he should handle it.

Un Guet Apens has his first run for us tomorrow at Ayr. Would have rather the ground wasnt so heavy but he should handle it.

He looks an interesting prospect, I hope you have the best of luck with him.

James Ewart's website is quite impressive, by the way.

Back