Forum horse connections

Un Guet Apens has his first run for us tomorrow at Ayr. Would have rather the ground wasnt so heavy but he should handle it.

Well done, he's clearly got an engine and looks a very nice prospect!

I think James Ewart is one of the best young trainers around. If I lived near the Scottish borders he would be my choice.

Un Guet Apens has his first run for us tomorrow at Ayr. Would have rather the ground wasnt so heavy but he should handle it.

Serious UK debut, love these French breds and Mr Ewart. Loved the way he jumped. A proper horse and proper trainer!

Delighted with that. Jumped well and handled the ground. He WILL improve though. Cant wait to get him over fences in time! Now the small matter of finding the next race. :D:D

note to self...keep yer mouth shut when the RP guy gets chatting to you!! It will all depend on mark given etc. But plenty of possibles.

Brilliant stuff, Digger - congratulations pal.

Thank the stars you didn't talk me into taking a piece of Getty. That would have been terrible.

I am a tit.

Fingers crossed for a full belly and cold legs tomorrow, and a nice mark for the Fred Winter. I will be the one on your right-hand-side trying to sponge into O&T's and the parade-ring on the strength of your stake. :lol:

Good luck, bud. :cool:

A kiss symbol, trudij?

I can only assume you saw our hero on RUK today, and fell into line with all those other poor unfortunates dazzled by his chiselled good looks and boyish charm.

I say to you as I have said to others prior - beware this siren call; your hopes and dreams are destined to founder on the rocks of caddish behavior and highly dubious moral practices.

Fore-warned is fore-armed. Tread carefully. :cool:

Hehe...i got a few txts after that. I'm told i looked like an Ultravox tribute act! It means nothing to me!

A kiss symbol, trudij?

I can only assume you saw our hero on RUK today, and fell into line with all those other poor unfortunates dazzled by his chiselled good looks and boyish charm.

I say to you as I have said to others prior - beware this siren call; your hopes and dreams are destined to founder on the rocks of caddish behavior and highly dubious moral practices.

Fore-warned is fore-armed. Tread carefully. :cool:

sorry - only just seen this!!

I dont need to see him to fall for his boyish charm, in fact, i think if i was to see him in the flesh (so to speak) Id quickly loose all control... ;)

as for the caddish behaviour and highly dubious moral practices, Im banking on him teaching me some new moves :ninja:

With a bit of luck we should be taking on the aristocrats at Ascot on Saturday with Book ,em Danno. Theres a great free lunch there for owners anyway

Good luck Roddy, enjoy your lunch.....I agree, it's the best that any racecourse has to offer.

Vincitore goes in the feature race at Fakenham tomorrow (no lunch there!). Course not ideal but the excellent prize-money too much to resist. He's expected to go very close with Kielan claiming the 5lb. Hope I can remember my way there!

Last edited:
Back