Forum horse connections

five potential runners for Boxing Day. cant be everywhere lads so if any of you fancy going in the O & Ts let me know and I will leave some tickets on the gate. Providing you are well behaved of course. Happy Crimbo

That Western Xpress for the Bowen's looks like it's got an engine Roddy, massive beast, looks like he'll stay all day

Hey all a happy Christmas to you all good luck with all the runners over Christmas lets hope they all do well. Roddy I'd take your number down if I were you don't know who looking do you! Just being safe isn't it. I'll save it though in case I need any tips lol

Well done all!!

Went down to see our p2pers last week - both looking well and finalising plans for the new season:

De Waiting Game looks and works like a different horse now apparently so hoping to have him out for a Restricted at Godstone in early February. Ideally he needs to LH as he jumps LH when tired and looking for longer (ie. in excess of 3m) tracks for him so a return trip to Marks Tey in March and to the two meetings at Aldington in April and May are on the cards for him and hopefully we can get a win or two out of him this Spring.

Did You Ever still looks fat but then he always carries condition, we're targeting him at the South East Grand National over 3m4f at Godstone at the end of March but fast ground is the biggest thing for him so hoping for a dry March. That will probably be aiming too high but the race can cut up and assuming that we can get a few runs into him he should be well up to taking at least a Restricted this season and fingers crossed he will be winning again.

Martin

Shantou Magic runs in a very hot novice chase at Wincanton on Friday. He was impressive at Market Rasen but will need to step up on that to win here. Aiden Coleman is bullish about the chances of Mosspark, while HM's horse Close Touch could be anything: last time he was seen out he beat Many Clouds by a facile 12 lengths. But in our favour we have a horse who stays and jumps well, and a trainer and jockey in form.

We will have Thunder and Rain ridden by Sean at Wincanton and Let Be So ridden by Donny at Market Rasen Friday. Both should have a good chance

Good run from Thunder and Rain again Roddy, looked like he bumped into one there. The Bowen yard in general had a decent day but unlucky not to have a winner. 3 2nds and 2 3rds proves the horses are running well which is a positive tomorrow where I like his chances.

Last edited:
Back