Frankel V Canford Cliffs

Rio de la Plata was 2.5L back in third. The same distance back to the French horse.

Canford fans might claim that he wasn't at his best because he only beat RDLP that much,but I think RDLP could have finished closer to CC the last day if ridden differently. And the slow early pace wouldn't have helped.

A 7 1/2 beating of Rio De La Plata.

On the OR scale, RDLP is rated 120. They use around 2 lbs/length, so Frankel should be looking at a bare OR of at least around 135 (up from 130).

Rio de la Plata was 2.5L back in third. The same distance back to the French horse.

Canford fans might claim that he wasn't at his best because he only beat RDLP that much,but I think RDLP could have finished closer to CC the last day if ridden differently. And the slow early pace wouldn't have helped.

Actually I think you're right.

If Peslier hadn't been eating burgers before the Queen Anne, we could be looking forward to Goldikova v Frankel now...

No one can have any excuses. Frankel is the better horse unless something is physically wrong with Canford or they expect a 5 lengths turnaround on a more galloping track. Frankel had Canford beat three out. Some performance.

To put it in context, Frankel has just lowered the coolurs of the horse that lowered the colours of a three time Breeders Cup winner :eek:

Juddmonte International next for Frankel? Will probably end up as another match, this time with So You Think.

Frankel has always been an amazing talent, but now he has matured into an actual racehorse.

Last edited:
He will make So You Think look slow. I'm 1/7 Frankel 4/1 So You Think

Last edited:
Back