Frankel V Canford Cliffs

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Queally not that bad a bet, surely?

You are taking horse racing much too seriously (especially for a forum leaver!)

How much can I have on Queally?

Do you really think Canford Cliffs can stay on the bridle to gn past Frankel? Queally will stride on but he won't need to hit the beast until he idles or gets into a battle. Hard to see Richard Hughes not be the first to get out the stick.

Last edited:
I think Queally will go on early enough. I think Canford will cruise a good half a dozen lengths off. I think Queally will get the whip out to keep Frankel up to his work before Hughes says go on Canford. (and I think Frankel will hold on).

[FONT=&quot]You think you lost your love
Well, I saw her yesterday
It’s you she’s thinking of
And she told me what to say

She says she loves you
And you know that can’t be bad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yes, she loves you
And you know you should be glad...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
...She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
And with a Canford Cliffs
You know you shou...hoo...ulld be glad
...Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, yeah, yeah... Yeeeeee-ah[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

The Frankel team know exactly what Canford Cliffs is going to do. Richard Hughes has tried to stir the pot by suggesting his horse could make all. The Frankel team holds all the aces. No one knows what Queally's instructions will be. Now before people jump in saying he does not follow instructions anyway. I will just say that tomorrow will be makings of him.

Last edited:
Just as a point of interest, in Timeform's opinion, the WFA scale gives 3-y-os a 2 lb advantage in late-July, hence why master ratings 141/133 have 8 lb between them, but adjusted ratings have 10 lb 150/140.

I wouldn't price any race strictly on a set of ratings, but I feel comfortable suggesting Frankel is a 2's on shot to bring home the bacon. A strict interpretation of the figures would suggest even shorter.

Last edited:
Fair answer. Being the greedy mug that I am I attempted two lumpy doubles get 6/4 Frankel for my money and got a 2/5 and 4/11 shot beaten! I think the SP of Frankel night very well be 1/2.

They are my two favourite horses in training so i don't really care which wins . I would be disappointed if either one mullers the other or if a jockey fecks things up - I hope it is close and then really i don't care which of the two wins .

Heart just about says Frankel
Head just about says CC

Can't wait for the race. It will be a heart pumping race without any need for a bet. There races do not come around half often enough. If it was boxing it would be pay per view with a six month build up.

[FONT=&quot]You think you lost your love[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, I saw her yesterday[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s you she’s thinking of[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And she told me what to say[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She says she loves you[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And you know that can’t be bad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, yeah, yeah[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes, she loves you[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And you know you should be glad...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]...She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And with a Canford Cliffs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You know you shou...hoo...ulld be glad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...Yeah, yeah, yeah [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, yeah, yeah[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, yeah, yeah... Yeeeeee-ah[/FONT]

Christ on a bike.

Can't wait for the race. It will be a heart pumping race without any need for a bet. There races do not come around half often enough. If it was boxing it would be pay per view with a six month build up.

And it won't last as long as David Haye v Audley Harrison but it will be at least as one sided.

I still dont see how this race pans out any differently to no early pace, Frankel mastering Queally again and taking off, Canford Cliffs stalking and pouncing. I know too completely different races but after their last showings at Ascot I cant see how this is priced in Frankels favour.

I'm not going to have a bet on this race, it will be fantastic just to watch.

I'm leaning towards Frankel, though. Goodwood is not Ascot, it will be easier for him to hang on here. Queally has to keep his cool, though. I can see Hughes coming up alongside about 4f out in the hopes that it panics Queally into kicking on. He needs to sit tight until into the straight and then surge.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

I'm looking forward to this...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
I like the look of Rajsaman, and think that the horse may upset the applecart in some way. Therefore, im having him in two small rev f/cs with the big two. Possible if the horse could split them if Frankel goes too soon or pulls his chances away, or if Canford has a go and cant get after Frankel. Alternatively, the horse could beat the two of them.

They are my two favourite horses in training so i don't really care which wins . I would be disappointed if either one mullers the other or if a jockey fecks things up - I hope it is close and then really i don't care which of the two wins .

Heart just about says Frankel
Head just about says CC

They'll be no mullering, Canford will win like he usually does by around a tidy length.

I like the look of Rajsaman, and think that the horse may upset the applecart in some way. Therefore, im having him in two small rev f/cs with the big two. Possible if the horse could split them if Frankel goes too soon or pulls his chances away, or if Canford has a go and cant get after Frankel. Alternatively, the horse could beat the two of them.

My thoughts exactly. Hoping the place price on BF drifts back out over 5/1.

Coral are offering money back if both of the two are beaten. So if you fancy the French horse back it and back one of the big two (i.e. Canford) with Coral. Money back on Canford/Frankel plus the win if the French horse wins, or just the win on Canford when he wins.

Back