Frankel V Canford Cliffs

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Too many horses in the hands of not enough owners.

Or just too many unsporting owners. This is horse racing! No result is ever a foregone conclusion. I read recently that 5 days before the 1986 Arc, connections of Darara, Acatenango and Iades paid a quarter of a million francs for the chance to take on Dancing Brave and Bering. We need a bit more of that.

I read recently that 5 days before the 1986 Arc, connections of Darara, Acatenango and Iades paid a quarter of a million francs for the chance to take on Dancing Brave and Bering. We need a bit more of that.

Exactly. If you'd owned Baby Turk and Numain as well these horses will forever be remembered - just because of the commentary. They were part of history. Just like Midnight Chase and China Rock were in March.

Cheers. These old essays and books can be very enjoyable. The Sangster bio is great for this kind of stuff.

Frankel 1.77
CC 2.48

That looks iffy to me. I thought 1.96/2.08 was about right and with the form all being out there I smell a rat.

Market beginning to move in the way their form suggests it should. Honestly think Frankel is more like a 1/2 chance personally.

Or your reading of their form!

The facts speak differently!

Canford should be 4/6. If there is nothing wrong with him, tomorrow will undoubtedly show this. :)

While we’re all aware that Frankel is an amazing animal, I’ve just been watching his last run at Ascot. Zoffany surely would have won this had he not been detached at the back when Frankel made his early move. Zoffany made up something like 15 lengths on Frankel. Slightly nearer to the pace and Zoffany would surely have been a fairly comfortable winner. I honestly don’t know what Frankel will be able to do about Canford. Canford’s money back offer is surely the bet of the season at odds against in a four-horse contest in which two have no chance and the other one has it all on his plate.

Last edited:
if Frankel runs to form, he should win by more than 3 lengths.

The form that Canford ran to against RVW and Goldikova is better form than anything Frankel has achieved. Frankel has a high rating because they used a sledge hammer to crack a walnut in the Guineas, but because he has been asked to achieve lung-bursting efforts he has been visibly fading at the end of his races. He looked as if he was wading through treacle at the end of his last effort.

There is nothing he will be able to do about Canford whatever he does tomorrow.

Can you explain to me what form of Frankel's allow for this?

Royal Lodge or Guineas is enough for that

other races also good enough to beat Canford.

Ground and small field also a plus.

Also add Cecil stable was operating in a 7% between Epsom and Royal AScot and now is a 47% in the last fortight.

I think even Queally will not be able to loss this race.

The form that Canford ran to against RVW and Goldikova is better form than anything Frankel has achieved. Frankel has a high rating because they used a sledge hammer to crack a walnut in the Guineas, but because he has been asked to achieve lung-bursting efforts he has been visibly fading at the end of his races. He looked as if he was wading through treacle at the end of his last effort.

There is nothing he will be able to do about Canford whatever he does tomorrow.

that looks ridiculous you dont have to be a genius to see Rip and Goldi when beaten by him were running between half or a stone below their best.

that looks ridiculous you dont have to be a genius to see Rip and Goldi when beaten by him were running between half or a stone below their best.

Even if this were right (and it isn't), can you not see how well Canford is winning within himself (he only does what he is asked to do)? Whereas Frankel has been all out and hanging on.

Steve, we will be in beers at the Counting House for months if people keep backing Frankel ... shhh!

I gave you the Guineas example, you chose to disagree. No point stating again for you to disagree again. Bring it on tomorrow.

Naming a race isn't explaining his form.

I can bore you with my figures, but later with time I can write you

victims of frankel have won july cup, king george, irish derby, irish and german guineas, short headed in jean prat,jersey, st cloud criterium.......

he has run much faster agains the clock than canford in almost all his races.

I gave you the Guineas example, you chose to disagree. No point stating again for you to disagree again. Bring it on tomorrow.

I agree. Good luck to you david... you'll need every bit of it. There is nothing that Frankel will be able to do about it. Canford will sit on him like the wrath of God.

I can bore you with my figures, but later with time I can write you

The figures have nothing to do with it suny. I've already explained how his high rating won't help him here. One horse quickens of any pace, while the other hangs on like grim death after lung bursting efforts.

canford has sprinted to beat much worse horses than frankel is,
and you seems to know how much he has in hand but until I see the evidence I dont trust he has much more to offer in fact I think he was almost all out is most of his good wins,
as good as he is I dont think he is a 133 or better horse and Frankel has prove it to me he is, about the later being all out, arkle or sea bird would have been too with the 2 rides quealy has ridden on him this year.

And, who is riding him tomorrow?

2Q==

Back