Frankel V Canford Cliffs

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
canford has sprinted to beat much worse horses than frankel is,
and you seems to know how much he has in hand but until I see the evidence I dont trust he has much more to offer in fact I think he was almost all out is most of his good wins,
as good as he is I dont think he is a 133 or better horse and Frankel has prove it to me he is, about the later being all out, arkle or sea bird would have been too with the 2 rides quealy has ridden on him this year.

I agree with all of this, apart from the fact that I think Frankel might not be capable of that form, for whatever reason.

One big run like Newmarket is seldom replicated. He might be going sour.

Evens the two, say I.

Frankel has only been matched against 3yos until now. He won't have any answers to this one. He'll need to be doing his best work at the end, not in the middle.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 performances that wowed me like Frankel's:

Hawk Wing
Royal Anthem smashing Greek Dance 8L
Montjeu's King George
Dubai Millenium at Ascot
Harbinger in the King George

For whatever reason, I think it is fair to say that none of the above followed up.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 performances that wowed me like Frankel's:

Hawk Wing
Royal Anthem smashing Greek Dance 8L
Montjeu's King George
Dubai Millenium at Ascot
Harbinger in the King George

For whatever reason, I think it is fair to say that none of the above followed up.

and you can add Daylami in the Irish Champion and some others

the fact he won at Royal Ascot when stable not going well and with the atrocious ride makes something special of him.

He did. But you could argue that his SJP form wouldn't be enough in this. It probably wouldn't.

And that is kind of my point.

Listen, I think he has a right chance. But I wouldn't be backing him unless the number before the slash were bigger than the number after the slash.

I agree the SJP form wouldn't be enough. But of the examples you gave, 4 of them didn't follow up at least partly because of an actual physical (leg) injury.

3yo winning the big races

Dream Ahead July Cup
Nathaniel KG
Misty For Me pretty polly
Strong suit Lennox

all conected with Frankel

Gosden fillie third in the boussac
beaten by F in Doncaster is impressive style, time , distance and weight

Not really. All can be connected with Frankel, but have run completely different (and vastly improved) races when winning those races you mentioned. If that is the basis of your having a bet, I would think again.

I'd say Suny and his ilk don't like the ball played over the head of the fullback for a Tommy Coyne style runner (Hamm) to chase down.

Any mistake, and I will be bombing onto the loose ball and blasting it past Diego in goals. 1-0.

Suny, that is the most tentative formline in the history of his forum.

Frankel beat a Godolphin debutatante at Donny. That debutatante (who incidentally is a dodgepot...I backed her at York) subsequently went on to finish fourth behind Misty for Me in France. Misty for Me's subsequent exploits mark Frankel up somehow?

Jaysus.

I'd say Suny and his ilk don't like the ball played over the head of the fullback for a Tommy Coyne style runner (Hamm) to chase down.

Hamm's closest likeness in football...

images

tom-queally1.jpg

I was told today I'm like Tom Queally.

I'm unreliable on the big day, don't follow instructions and am generally regarded as as idiot. At least they said it to my face :D

Last edited:
Suny, that is the most tentative formline in the history of his forum.

Frankel beat a Godolphin debutatante at Donny. That debutatante (who incidentally is a dodgepot...I backed her at York) subsequently went on to finish fourth behind Misty for Me in France. Misty for Me's subsequent exploits mark Frankel up somehow?

Jaysus.

whats the problem with the line?

10th sept Frankel beats a fillie in a canter giving her 12 poounds by 13 lenghts beating the track record and the fillie in her next race less than a month later runs in what usually is one of the best 2 gr1 for fillies of the year and is beaten by a fillie who had won a gr1 and has won 2 gr1s more since by 4lenghs at level weights-

Back