Grand National 09

I know someone who's been saying it since last year, Luke. The same person was saying the same thing about Comply Or Die for over a year. No inside info or anything. Just a 'feel' for these things.

The same person phoned me in december telling me he'd just taken 14/1 Coldine for the RSA Chase. Did I listen? Did I f:(ck.

He told me today Battlecry doesn't run in the National. Has anyone heard that for definite?

Exotic Dancer and, thankfully, Star De Mohaison taken out.

That leaves Madison on top weight. Hope he stays in. I wouldn't want the weights to rise too much more.

Dropping like flies now! Looks like Nozic will be topweight?
Following out:
As above E Dancer & Star de M
Miko du Beauchene
Roll Along
Simon
Imperial Commander
Snoopy Loopy
Notre Pere

Roll Along hasn't been confirmed a NR - it's been said he's not likely to run (since he wants 5 weeks between races) but he has been left in the race at the last declaration stage and they will see how he is and make a decision on his participation closer to the race, when they also know the likely ground.

Is War Of Attrition any value? Looks pretty nicely weighted to me assuming he can improve a little again on what he has done this season.

The Gold Cup might hold the key this year.

I'm a wee bit heartened that Battlecry remains an entry despite the report that it won't run. The stable is definitely blowing hot & cold. Some horses are travelling supremely well then going out like a light - as did Battlecry in the RP Chase. Maybe they still think the horse can come good.

Back to the Gold Cup. My Will & Roll Along posted, by my reckoning, lifetime bests but will be vulnerable if the weights rise to take them over 11-0.

Elsewhere in the festival, Patsy Hall was in the process of running a lifetime best too while Garde Champetre and L'Ami both signalled they were in top form and could be well handicapped.

Can't Buy Time is a lot better than he showed and Aintree might bring out the best in him. I wouldn't be surprised if AP chose him over the rest of JP's.

I've got a small bet on L'Ami at a 3-fig price. Hope he runs.

I like Black Appalachi and a couple of others, and I've had a little win/place on Snowy Morning following remarks on here. Recent form isn't always an indication of how a horse will run in a GN...

Is War Of Attrition any value? Looks pretty nicely weighted to me assuming he can improve a little again on what he has done this season.

An intriguing runner. A beautiful jumper, i'd hope he would take to the national fences. Someone said in one of the Cheltenham preview nights that Mouse favoured the national over the GC for him so i'm thinking they think he is not without a chance. Would be some story if he could do it

Looks a really poor renewal at the moment. Nozic likely top-weight. Ouch.

State of Play, Darkness:confused: and King Johns Castle for me at this stage. With little confidence though.

Brooklyn Brownie 48 €10
Butlers Cabin 13s €15
Kilbeggan Blade 34s €10
Maljimar 95s €5
Offshore Account 55s €10

I have just gone through the race, thats what im thinkin.

Il probably throw on combi forecasts and tricasts on the above too.

Anyone put me off Character Building?

That was the choice at the Pre Chelt Forum I went to . They said it will run well at Chelt but was really aiming for Aintree. Only winner they had. Personally still fancy Big Fella Thanks and have had plenty on. Laying off a bit soon I suppose.

Does anyone esle think tha My Will had a prety hard race in the GC? I'm undecided about Can't Buy Time - he looked a patent non-stayer at Cheltenham BUT if the ground dries then possibly he will get home.

Back