Grand National

Brilliant, Steve.

I am in.

Doubled it with Cancellara for Tour of Flanders. Every bet this week is doubled with Fabian.

Not to rain on your parade here Bar, But I would suggest caution. Sagan is absolutely burstin to win his first monument race. He is a massive threat imo.

I was absolutely busting to ride the dirty auld one in my work in London a while ago. Never managed it.

Cancellara has course and distance form. He is in piping hot form. Sagan is not in as good shape as last year. He won E3 easily, but only because Fabian was held up in a crash.

Cancellara has course and distance form. He is in piping hot form. Sagan is not in as good shape as last year. He won E3 easily, but only because Fabian was held up in a crash.

Not denying the form of Cancellara, just think Sagan is due. Right age & Experience profile to win a monument now. Only coming into his peak form. And at the prices I have to take Sagan. 15/8 Fav about a cobbles race is just too short. Bit of 4/1 about for Sagan. The variables of punctures and crashes on a race with cobbles like this, surely makes them equally likely to get caught up or caught out (Like Fabien did in E3).

As they say, I'll happily let Cancellara go and win at 15/8.....

Too short for me.

Now, to avoid being lambasted on the Grand National thread, where should I have posted this? Is there a cycling thread Bar?

http://www.talkinghorses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19559

So far this year we have had a Ulissi e/w at 25s in TDU (Second)
Gerrans at 7/1 in Stage 1 of TDU
Evans at 10/1 for a stage in TDU
Froome at 6/4 for Oman

Last year we had Ciolek at 66/1 in MSR.
Bigeeps tipped up Rui Costa for WCRR at the same price.
Geraint Thomas at 50/1 in TDU almost did us a big favour.

In previous years we have won big on EBH, Boonen, Cancellara and Tyler Farrar.

http://www.talkinghorses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19559

So far this year we have had a Ulissi e/w at 25s in TDU (Second)
Gerrans at 7/1 in Stage 1 of TDU
Evans at 10/1 for a stage in TDU
Froome at 6/4 for Oman

Last year we had Ciolek at 66/1 in MSR.
Bigeeps tipped up Rui Costa for WCRR at the same price.
Geraint Thomas at 50/1 in TDU almost did us a big favour.

In previous years we have won big on EBH, Boonen, Cancellara and Tyler Farrar.

I don't back the tips on the cycling thread myself; partly through personal preference, but principally because I'm an inherently lazy cu*nt. But there is no doubting - that thread is a gold-mine, and a credit to all concerned.

Always go in with four or five.

Backed Double Seven and The Rainbow Hunter a while ago and added Rocky Creek this week. Looking at Teforthree IR for my last choice for reasons already given.

The 2 top weights just cannot go unbacked as far as im concerned
Double Seven and Alfie Sherrin
And will probabley still back Pinea de rea, just have a nagging feeling the Pertemps may have taken too much out of him.

Quito De La Roque

Because when I saw him four years ago he reminded me of Red Rum, and I have been waiting this long for him to attempt to fulfil his destiny.

And because I have him doubled with Ocean Tempest from last week.

I made up the last bit.

*one of those statements is untrue.

Double seven 22 on the lay side now. I had twenty quid on last night, when to trade out is the question as I don't fancy him and would rather trade out for a freebie.

Good shooting lads by the way!

Quito De La Roque

Because when I saw him four years ago he reminded me of Red Rum, and I have been waiting this long for him to attempt to fulfil his destiny.

And because I have him doubled with Ocean Tempest from last week.

I made up the last bit.

*one of those statements is untrue.

Red Rum is buried by the winning post and still quicker than Quito De la Roque!

Grand National Money Back Offer

The Grand National takes place on Saturday 5th April and we’ve got a fantastic money back offer for each-way bets placed on the world’s greatest horse race.

All you have to do is place your bets on the Grand National between Thursday 3rd April and midday on Saturday 5th April. We will then give you half the stake back for every each-way bet that you place, up to a maximum total refund of £125* per customer.

To ensure that your refund is credited as quickly as possible, please only include Grand National bets on your bet slip. Refunds will be credited to your account within 12 hours of bet placement.

To qualify for this offer, you must be an existing bet365 account holder and have opened your account before 23:59 on Wednesday 2nd April 2014.

To add to the unbeatable value, we are also Non-Runner No Bet and paying 1/4 odds for the first FIVE places on the big race.

That’s not all! These great offers will apply throughout the three day meeting, which gets underway on Thursday 3rd April:
not a bad offer from 365

It is an extremely generous offer indeed.

"We will then give you half the stake back for every each-way bet that you place, up to a maximum total refund of £125* per customer".

:blink:

Thinking a bit more about this ....................
If one was so inclined, one could Lay back the Win part of the bets at an arb and thus have free Place bets ( and Bet365 are going five places).
As far as I understand it, there is not a limit on the number of selections. So, I can have, say, six free £20 Place bets on six different runners ........... each to come 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th ? :blink:

This has to be too good to be true. If true, it's the offer of the year. :)

McCoy confirmed for 77, and whilst there's a bit of 16/1 in the village, the horse is now a general 14/1 and pushing second-favouritism.

I'm genuinely surprised that so few came out. I imagine there might be a wee bit of wheeling and dealing being done over the next 24 hours to see if something can come out to allow the reserves to get in.

On the other hand, one or two of my higher rated ones at three-figure prices at Betfair are still in...

Back