Grand National

Quito's one anomalous run at Aintree four year's ago, is the kind of form-line that usually prefaces attempts to boot ones own hole for being so bloody stupid.

A fu*cking pig of a horse in every respect. At least Mikael D'Hagenuet had the decency to go in every now and then. QDLR can only be relied-upon for one thing these days - total capitulation.

:D

That might be a tad harsh but his run LTO does concern me. I think I'm right in saying he wouldn't have been pushed up the weights for this if he'd run a decent race. Instead it was abject.

I will always remember going into Mouse Morris's yard before 1987 GN.
Head lad told us they had 2 in GN.
Last of the Brownies who he said would run great until tiring in the last 2 furlongs to finish maybe 3rd or 4th and Attitude Adjuster who ,as he said would either grab the bit and run the race of his life or when he sees the fences would run in the opposite direction.
He did the former to finish fifth.
Aintree can do that for " dodgepots"
Unlucky to die after being brought down Becher's second time by Dark Ivy the following year.

QDLR isn't quirky - he is a complete mutt.

Slim, there have to be better options than this yoke, surely?

I forgot to put Wayward Prince on the stats list. He just qualifies. Probably could have done with a few more pounds off his back and may be flattered when he was in a year of poor novice chasers. However he does have a few bits of decent form and will appreciate decent ground.

first posting - fancy Rose of the Moon, Night in Milan if he got in, maybe Rocky Creek. Tea for Three looks the main one on form/weight. Alvarado interesting, but quirky. Tidal Bay didn't like it last time, so what's new? plus his run style not suited to the race now. Vintage Star, interesting, but may not stay. Vesper Bell / Balthazar ground issues and some of the Irish horses haven't shown enough this season.
mark / based abroad, but racing fan since 1970. Good luck everyone.

Not many on here giving Double Seven a shout. Has to be the best Back to Lay option in the race, as the price will start to collapse on Thursday when McCoy confirms he will take the mount.

Why did he drift so violently at Leopardstown?

Not sure what happened on the X's, but he was only pushed 2pts from the opening show. It was his first run in 5 months, on unsuitable ground over an inadequate trip, and was clearly a cobweb-blower for his spring target(s). No surprise he was unfancied the last day.

first posting - fancy Rose of the Moon, Night in Milan if he got in, maybe Rocky Creek. Tea for Three looks the main one on form/weight. Alvarado interesting, but quirky. Tidal Bay didn't like it last time, so what's new? plus his run style not suited to the race now. Vintage Star, interesting, but may not stay. Vesper Bell / Balthazar ground issues and some of the Irish horses haven't shown enough this season.
mark / based abroad, but racing fan since 1970. Good luck everyone.

Welcome to the forum, birdsnest

Not many on here giving Double Seven a shout. Has to be the best Back to Lay option in the race, as the price will start to collapse on Thursday when McCoy confirms he will take the mount.

If there is such a thing as an unexposed type in a Grand National this fella is it. I'm not sure the handicapper has quite caught up with him yet.

I wouldn't be concerned with his last run, especially with the connections. He had a Cheltenham winner back in 2nd in the Munster National although that race did seem to turn into a bit of a sprint.

A very interesting contender.

Last edited:
Tidal Bay didn't like it last time, so what's new?

Pretty much everything; the fences, the trainer, the jockey, the horses form etc. Plus did he really not like it last time? I was on him and thought he was travelling really well before he came down.

I'd be more concerned about the ground being too fast, his age and top weight than I would he last run here;)

Not sure what happened on the X's, but he was only pushed 2pts from the opening show. It was his first run in 5 months, on unsuitable ground over an inadequate trip, and was clearly a cobweb-blower for his spring target(s). No surprise he was unfancied the last day.

He went on 17 on the machine.

Back