Great Weekend In Dublin - GWID 2012

Have a right good laugh the whole lot of you. Good catholic lads like me never get a break.

I know some on here will like this. For the stable visit on the Saturday, I've just inked a lease on a smashing mare which I'll be able to show you. Just turned five and a full sister to Master of the Hall and Featherbed Lane. Her full sister Hi Density was also a winner which also bodes well. Hope she vets ok now!! colm really liked her when we went to see her on Friday. Broken and riding.

Plan is to lease another nice filly and box the two into one syndicate for a few years. See how we go.

And of course........shares are available :D

I'm looking forward to the stable visit, especially since today's news that Raise The Beat's has the all clear to start work again.

Is there no privacy on here?

Not quite but I'm pretty desperate to lose my 2012 maiden tag... I may need blinkers and an extra stalls handler in Krystaks. I might as well apologise now and assure you that's not how my mother raised me.

Morning Hamm, you are up early!!

I'm SO jealous of you lot... Joel you are all coming over here sometime for a uk meet cos in definately in for tat!!!!L

Oran and I will be going down to Colm Murphy's on Saturday morning. Does anyone else want to come? Be warned, though, it will be an early start in order to be back up in Dublin in time for the races.

I've been foolish enough to book a room in Bewley's for the Saturday night.

Game for what? To go to Colm Murphy's or to join me in my room?

Getting rogered is 95% certain with Oran (Would you like a leg in a horse?) and 0% in your room. All the same I'll opt for the Murphy trip.

I land about 07:40, but it will take me a while to get across town so I'll probably just see you all at the track.

I'll be catching a cab to the airport at at 04:30 tomorrow morning. Which begs the question, do I:

a) Go out tonight?
b) Stay out tonight?

B every time!! You'll thank me for it on Sunday night when you're twitching and paranoid going back on the plane!!

Last edited:
I've been through both cards whilst sober and told work not to expect to see me on Monday, so I couldn't be more prepared.

Any particular fancies Betsmate? I fancy Make Your Mark for Mullins in the novice hurdle on Sunday...betting will be interesting versus Boston Bob.

Nothing that I would tip up with any huge degree of confidence. I think that Novice Hurdle is one of the hardest races of the weekend. I have about six in with a shout. As I can't pick the winner I'll be watching the market to see if there is any E/W value in either Texas Jack or Sea Of Thunder.

Texas Jack made a small mistake lto and hoping that is why he didn't back up the promise of previous runs. Sea Of Thunder was obviously desperately unlucky. If the market forgets about either of those things in the excitement of such a hot heat then I may have a bet.

That's true, all the Mullins bandwagon will be overbet so should be value in the EW market. I know the breeder and they have said he's going very well in WP's...nothing ground breaking there I know but at least we know he's ship shape.

Nice to meet a few of you today - hope those heads are not too sore after your night out (Did Cantoris manage to escape you lot or did you drag him with you??)

Back