Great Weekend In Dublin - GWID 2012

You still owe me a day NH racing btw... ;)

Yes, some proper racing. Imagine not knowing who Ar Muin Na Muice was, and having no interest in Refinement, and showing me some other yoke in the field that won.....what was it.....oh yeah the French 1,000 guineas. forget those flat mares, the national hunt mares are tough out. I loved seeing them!!

Yes, some proper racing. Imagine not knowing who Ar Muin Na Muice was, and having no interest in Refinement, and showing me some other yoke in the field that won.....what was it.....oh yeah the French 1,000 guineas. forget those flat mares, the national hunt mares are tough out. I loved seeing them!!

Glad to see you were listening....it was her daughter who the French 1,000 Guineas....this year!! I think all interest was erased when you found out I forgot to show you Like A Butterfly..... :whistle:

And as for the comments on the stallion yard......:blink:

(I'd like to point out for public record at this point that I dragged Cantoris to the Irish Oaks on owners tickets and had to listen to moaning all day long about the lack of "proper" racing!! I thought the soft ground aka mud might make him feel at home)

:lol:

All I'll say is Yeats is some tank of a yoke. The funniest moment must have been when we got to Henry's stall and you asked if I wanted a box to stand on!! Of course, there was the moment in the Irish National Stud when we were looking at Big Bad Bob and I piped up "he'd make a decent national hunt sire"!! It's akin to the wedding where the lad beside me looked after Great Palm and I piped up "bit wrong in their wind"......jasus shooting the man would have been less painful for him :lol:

I do wonder if he will make a national hunt sire though as the majority of his stock seem to rattle off fast ground. Grey, you're the stats man on these sorts of things. What do you say on ground preference?

They certainly seem to prefer good ground, Cantoris, but it doesn't seem to matter a great deal whether is GF, G or maybe even G/S.

Last edited:
I was thinking more of winter ground. I don't think they will make all year round national hunt horses but they could be good for those that read them right e.g. poor form on soft ground and then runs on good ground. Beat All is the same.

Please do that. I've just had a stinker of a day at work and I'm now giggling my head off.

Return flights to Dublin are available from Gatwick, Bristol, Luton, Manchester and elsewhere for around €50 at present, slightly more from Birmingham and €90 from Heathrow. No hidden extras unless you are bringing a suitcase.

Bewleys in Leopardstown are charging €50 per single room per night, €75 with breakfast. For €89 per night two people can have a twin or double room, breakfast, and free admission to the racecourse on both days.

The Aircoach from Dublin airport to the hotel is €15 return.

I live in Tallaght but as we're going into town on the Saturday night I'm going to stay in Bewleys. If someone wants a room, I'll book a double.

And as Capall is looking in, we're all welcome to the owners and trainers bar I take it?

... you were late for dinner, after dialling Bouncing Babes, Cheeky Chiquita, Muffy, Buffy, Duffy and Her Dreamboats - and being told "we don't do perves" every time?

Back