Hennessy

Its about time you did give him credit DJ. I wonder how many trainers would have got one GC winner back from such a illness to win such a race and at the same time maintain the wonderful form of another

And his post-race emotion was pretty sincere. Can't be easy being asked to speak when you really just want to cry your eyes out.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Couldn't agree more. What an amazing horse :<3:. Brilliant stuff. I really hope he and Kauto stay fit and well and make it safely the Cheltenham in March and make it another great race.

Amazing performance and fair dues to connections for taking on the challenge. It's great to see a top class chaser carry a big weight to victory. It happens so rarely.

An absolutely wonderful exhibition by Denman, without question the NH performance of the year.

He reminds me so much of Mill House.

Ei Ei Ei Ei Ei Ei Ei Ei!!!! I've a feeling myself and a fellow forum member rode him ourselves over the last three fences, so loudly were we cheering!! What a horse. What a performance. What a reception into the winner's enclosure; it was spine tingling stuff. When I saw him in the paddock my confidence hardened; although carrying condition he looked as though he would eat them, he was jogging around, waving his head about and looked a picture or health, a monster.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have seen the 2010 Gold Cup winner. Bad luck Kauto, then again you've had two already.

I was crying from the 4th out , never seen the like of it.Just magnificeb
nt and I would take the 5-4 now

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have seen the 2010 Gold Cup winner. Bad luck Kauto, then again you've had two already.

Them's fighting words! :D

Fabulous performance today - fantastic to see him back to his brilliant best!

Without wanting to risk getting hurt, the runner-up ruined whatever chance he had when running around at the last and is a thoroughly unlikeable animal. A genuine horse with the ability of What A Friend would have put it up to Denman and possibly beaten him today. That's not to take anything from The Tank by any means, I should add.

What a horse! what a day... Very emotional, I was on my knees... you won’t see many performances like that in a lifetime. Denman is back to his old self... monstrously good to win it as he did off 174 against a top-class field. In this form he won’t be beaten. This is the horse... the Gold Cup is back in his pocket... if you’re lucky you’ll get some 5/2 the 9/1 has long gone.

...well done Dom!! You called it right.

For me, the most impressive aspect of the performance was not his weight-carrying but his jumping. To consistently jump so well in a large and competitive field to put lengths between himself and his rivals at nearly every fence is what won him the race today.

With regards to the weight-carrying: big horses can carry big weights, not exclusively good ones. They don't call him the tank for nothing. In that regard he is fortunate not to be disadvantaged in this gimmicky format of racing.

Did you back today Steve?

Not massive but some 9/2 (my heart told me yes, my head told me maybe). I am on large for the Gold Cup though at 9/1 and 8/1. I don't need to back him again now until the day. I hope Kauto runs, otherwise Denman won't be worth backing. Then again I can afford not to back anything now and just sit back.

Betting seemed a bit besides the point today though. I feel like a kid again... just very, very happy.

For me, the most impressive aspect of the performance was not his weight-carrying but his jumping. To consistently jump so well in a large and competitive field to put lengths between himself and his rivals at nearly every fence is what won him the race today.

With regards to the weight-carrying: big horses can carry big weights, not exclusively good ones. They don't call him the tank for nothing. In that regard he is fortunate not to be disadvantaged in this gimmicky format of racing.

He broke their hearts today. Good horses were pulling up right left and centre and finishing out for the count. He bashed them up good and proper.

Betting seemed a bit besides the point today though. I feel like a kid again... just very, very happy.

Exactly. It wasn't a big win at all for me but i've never head tears in my eyes after a race before - not even on the rare occasions i've won over four figures. I'd have won more on Killyglen but I just wasn't interested in him.

He broke their hearts today. Good horses were pulling up right left and centre and finishing out for the count. He bashed them up good and proper.
I agree, even My Will didn't make a late appearance in the places.

Back