If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Newbury today - Thursday
Sandown Friday and Saturday [will be v busy Sat]

Very possibly Windsor Monday
Probably not Wolverhampton Tuesday... tho we should have a TEC runner, it's a bit far !
Newmarket Weds, Thurs and Friday
Probably Newbury Friday

Chepstow Tuesday, Brighton late Thurs, and Friday, Ascot Saturday
Next week Salisbury Weds & Thurs [tbc]; and then both days at Newbury Fri & Sat

Watching her own-bred BALLINA BLUE run for John Gallagher, I assume. Two runs so far - 00, but you never know... I haven't seen her this year at all, I don't think. Last year she used to come in to support the Gay Kelleway runners at Lingfield, but she wasn't with Gay's party for her memorial race for her Dad, so 'no idea' is the answer to your question, old fruit.

Watching her own-bred BALLINA BLUE run for John Gallagher, I assume. Two runs so far - 00, but you never know... I haven't seen her this year at all, I don't think. Last year she used to come in to support the Gay Kelleway runners at Lingfield, but she wasn't with Gay's party for her memorial race for her Dad, so 'no idea' is the answer to your question, old fruit.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an appearance at Plumpton at some stage if that one and the Art Series (at Sheena's) go hurdling.

Don't forget to wear a tie if you are in members at Thirsk Bar,don't want a repeat of the situation I had there last year.

Due to the music concerts adding to the cost of admission & meaning that Bar could be one of the few there who has an interest in the racing,I have no intention of venturing to the Knavesmire this weekend but will be there for my nieces 18th on the Thursday of the Ebor meet.

Nice one, Arkers.

Pity, would have been nice to meet up with you. There will be five of us with an interest in racing, but having gone to Leopardstown last Thursday, I am well used to "social" racegoers. Easier to get a bet on and view the horses in the paddock at least.

I’m at Ascot for the KG in a preamble to a stag do… probably not the best circumstances for a meet up though. Nevertheless I guess the usual suspects will be floating around.

Nice one, Arkers.

Pity, would have been nice to meet up with you. There will be five of us with an interest in racing, but having gone to Leopardstown last Thursday, I am well used to "social" racegoers. Easier to get a bet on and view the horses in the paddock at least.

Beware of flying bottles of Heineken

Rory - you're a very naughty boy! :lol::lol:

I am hoping to meet up with Gus at Glorious Glugwood, which holds the racecourse floating trophy for most punch-ups in the carparks, post-racing. You'll need to go some to beat their record, Royal Bashcot notwithstanding. Gus - I'll be the one in the white linen trouser suit, Che tee-shirt and bandolier of dum-dums.

This twelve year old thread seems to have been lost in the ether, might as well resurrect it to see if it takes off again. If you're going racing, "let people know is the theme." Makes a good read if you're bored this evening and quite a few former names on here involved.

Back