If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Im at Newbury tomorrow, adn Heads - I havent forgotten the video I promsed you - it will be in my car. Im going to be with Classified,then watching the racing - so will try to find you!!!

In the seemingly endless quest to go to every racecourse in GB and Ireland Mrs DG and I are making our first visit to Ludlow on Sunday. Just been looking at the website, any locals know if it is worth the extra £4 to go into Members ?

Thanks Colin, useful is right.

I see the weather forecast is not good, may defer a visit until nicer weather arrives, wimp that I am :P

I am off to Brighton today. The first time this year. The lovely Krizon has had a fairly recent promotion and now looks after the owners and trainers - not just looking after issuing their badges as in the past.

I know she is going to do an excellent job, and it will be great to see her.

Glad we made the effort, pretty little course with a free racecard too(other courses please note). Bumper crowd too I gather.

Strange to see the horses being led round anti clockwise in the parade ring with the lad/lass on the inside something they have been doing for two or three years apparently.

Will put up some pics in the relevant section later.

Originally posted by Diamond Geezer@Apr 27 2008, 08:19 PM
Strange to see the horses being led round anti clockwise in the parade ring with the lad/lass on the inside something they have been doing for two or three years apparently.
Why do they do that?

Goodwood do the same. I've a feeling it's something to do with health and safety - so there's a person between the horse and the people in the paddock, and has something to so with the Chris Kinane incident.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Apr 27 2008, 09:10 PM
Goodwood do the same. I've a feeling it's something to do with health and safety - so there's a person between the horse and the people in the paddock, and has something to so with the Chris Kinane incident.
When horses are led clockwise around the parade ring, they tend to be led into the middle to be mounted (and/or have people walk behind them to do so) and this has been deemed a factor in incidents with horses lashing out including the horrific incident at Wolverhampton which almost killed Chris Kinane. The idea is that if horses are led anticlockwise they can be mounted at the walk without breaking formation and with less risk of incident.

I was tempted to go too, Colin but am at Ascot tomorrow and was at Windsor last night so decided I best stay at home and do some work. :brows: I am hoping to be at Fontwell on Friday night too.

I'm going to Great Leighs Weds and Thurs [on a press pass], and I hope to Newmarket on Saturday, if it doesn't rain

Huntingdon last night - the first time and I really liked it and one more to cross off my list. Fontwell tonight and then Newmarket on Sunday.

:shy: Well, I do, but I work early mornings and late nights to give me time to go racing during the day. :)

DG, could you possibly do me a massive favour. Clare Wills should be there with Shippy (Watership Down) tomorrow night - well that was the plan, so if you could take a few photos if she is there, I would really appreciate it. I owe you a couple of drinks already so start totting them all up! Brian Toomey was gobsmacked to see your photos of him on Brendan's website! It makes a difference to a lot of these jockeys that people know who they are - and their photos are made public - especially when they ride a 25/1 winner! :)

Anybody going to Yarmouth on Tuesday? Don't think I can get the day off at short notice but there's a two year old entered on the first that I'm really interested in so if anyone's going and would be happy to ttake a quick look at him in the paddock for me I'd be eternally grateful :luv:

Back