If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
i often thought members should have a distinguishing feature; Lapel badge; wrist band : neck pen:(Tongue Tie even !) so members would identify each other if they so wished.
It would make a nice fund raiser for the web site also.
Meeting up with the usual suspects is always a pleasure and makes it all worthwhile.

Meet-ups can be real fun.

I'll never forget the classic meet-up at the November Cheltenham meeting in 2002 or 2003 (says he unable to remember which year it was!)

We met in the car park before racing on both the Saturday and Sunday (for the leftovers, I think) and there was no shortage of champers (the real stuff) too.

Also had a really lovely day at Ayr when I met former forumite Pebbles who I found to be a really nice person.

It's just a shame we've lost touch with so many of them.

So who's going which day next week? Can't decide at the moment!! Between watching Buveur win his third (or get nailed by the girls) or Might Bite win the Gold Cup...��

Yes all four days Jinny.

I was there that day Maurice. We sat together in the stand when Lingo won the Greatwood. You had it as a nailed on certainty.

I don't think there are many of us left posting these days. You were there as I recall Jinny. I genuinely can't think of anyone else.

I was there that day Maurice. We sat together in the stand when Lingo won the Greatwood. You had it as a nailed on certainty.

Was that definitely that year, Maruco?

I know I took in that meeting three or four years running. I remember Fondmort won the big race one time and Foghorn Leghorn won the Greatwood under top weight. Ardross and I watched that race together and I think Terry might have been with us. I think that was when they eventually agreed RB would win the Champion.

I remember very fondly an older chap called Harry. I really liked talking to him. Both of us were in varying states of pishedness over the two days. Hope he's still around.

But I'm probably getting the years mixed up.

Age doesn't come alone.

Harry was from Bristol, brought a picnic in the boot of his car, Relkeel, son of Relkeel, Irish Stamp, Sara, Merlin were amongst some of the others there.

Floating about :lol:

What with other TH and Final Furlong meet ups over the years, before and after racing, hard to keep up. I usually stand in front of winners enclosure after races so have met quite a few there as well.

Last edited:
Harry was from Bristol, brought a picnic in the boot of his car, Relkeel, son of Relkeel, Irish Stamp, Sara, Merlin were amongst some of the others there.

I didn't realise it was Harry that had brought the picnic. And he was too pished later in the afternoon to have driven home. (Or maybe I was just so pished I thought he was pished...) I thought it was the Relkeels or LordH that had brought the eats.

I wasn't sure if jinnyj was there although that might have been the first time we met. I do recall she came with Shadow Leader.

Who was Sara? I have no recollection of anyone by that name either there or on the forum.

And I'm pretty sure I would have remembered meeting you, Roger, a pleasure that evades me to this day. Or so I thought. :)

Have met jinny at Cheltenham and Shads at Newbury and Cheltenham. Sara hasn't posted on here since 2010 but was a prolific poster before that. She was subsequently on FF, think she was called Headstrong on there ?

No we didn't meet that day Mo. Maybe get up to Ayr or Hamilton one day, two of the six or seven UK courses haven't been to yet.

So who's going which day next week? Can't decide at the moment!! Between watching Buveur win his third (or get nailed by the girls) or Might Bite win the Gold Cup...😂
Seems like I'm going Tuesday. To be honest i didn't get the choice and I would have loved to have been there Friday but free badge from friend is not something I can refuse!
But definitely up for meet ups. Usually down by Dawn Run seems to be the spot?

I'm on to pass by and say hello, jinnyj. Would between the Arkle and the handicap be a good time?

The Mandarin's fine by me, the only potential snag is you need Club tickets to access it.

Shall we say outside the entrance to the Mandarin facing the parade ring, by the half wall, under the concrete steps after the Arkle? All welcome to meet.

Back