If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
A great evening at Windsor this evening! Only backed one winner :shy: and had a fiver one but it was still a fantastic evening. There really isn't many other racecourses quite like Windsor on a sunny evening. It was absolutely packed and the crowds were thoroughly enjoying themselves.

I was thrilled to see David Elsworth have a treble today! :clap:

Long trips to Lower Machen, Hackwood Park, Cheltenham and Towcester for me in the last 10 days... no wonder Mrs Column despairs.

Definitely doing Stratford on the Friday of the two-day meeting, with tentative trips to Cartmel, Larkhill and back to Towcester either side of that still to be confirmed.

gc

Originally posted by Kathy@May 12 2008, 09:42 PM
A great evening at Windsor this evening! Only backed one winner :shy: and had a fiver one but it was still a fantastic evening. There really isn't many other racecourses quite like Windsor on a sunny evening. It was absolutely packed and the crowds were thoroughly enjoying themselves.

I was thrilled to see David Elsworth have a treble today! :clap:
I hope you got the train to Windsor and Eaton and took the river boat to the track? The only way to do it.

There is also a lovely hotel in Windsor called the Sir Christopher Wren - would recommend you combining a stay here when racing there - try and get one of the rooms with a balcony overlooking the Thames - heaven on a balmy summers evening!

Numbersix, I live pretty close to Windsor, but the boat ride in is wonderful! the Christopher Wren Hotel is superb! I have relatives over from Australia on Friday for a few days, and I am thinking of putting them up in a hotel in Old Windsor for a couple of nights as my Aunt has just turned 70 :eek: as there is not much to see and do in Ascot.

If you are ever in Windsor racing Numbersix, let me know as it would be great to say "hi"!

I went to Brighton today. Another wonderful days racing. Great weather, great racing and a long catch up with some old friends!

Fontwell tomorrow. :clap:

I'm going to Goodwood for the first time on Friday.

As I don't drive, I will be arriving at Chichester station and using the racecourse bus service.

Does anyone have any experience of this service, is it reliable, and how long after the last race does it leave the course?

I do indeed Colin and it is fine (Stagecoach buses if I recall).

According to the website it is straight after racing.

Have a great time, Colin! :) I'm still waiting to read your report about your visit to Windsor. :rolleyes:

I am going to one of Leopardstown's Wednesday evening meetings with one of the lads this summer. We are indifferent to which week we go. Does anybody know if there is a particular evening with higher quality racing than the standard fayre?

Wed, Jun 4th, 2008

Ballyogan Stakes (Group 3) of €70000.00 6f.
Glencairn Stakes (Listed) of €50000.00 1m.
Newton Handicap (Rated 60-90) of €15000.00 2m
Irish Stallion Farms E.B.F. 2yr old Maiden of €20000.00 6f.

Looks good to me !

Hi! Arkers.

I was not disappointed with the course or its setting, the bus service was reliable, as you said, and cheap at £4 return.

But it was a long trip for me (at my age :( ) and I didn't make it through the eight-race card.

And with only two short-priced winning selections it would be difficult to describe it as a great day but that was no fault of Goodwood.

Desirous of one last fix of point-to-pointing this season, and keen to take in some jumps action on Derby day, I'm planning a raid on Trecoed, near Fishguard, this coming Saturday.

This course is nowhere near my home in Hertfordshire, but then I am a mental, and I've never yet done a West Wales point.

If that plan fails, then I'll do Worcester on the Saturday or Sunday instead.

gc

I went to Brighton Sunday ( a great day out with Krizon - she had organised a memorial event in memory of her late mother and it was a great day), Windsor tonight and then off to Southwell tomorrow. I may do Newbury on Thursday.... but will be pushing it to do Goodwood Friday as well.... :brows:

Great to see Dave Evans have another winner at Windsor this evening. His son, Richard only has another 4 rides to drop from a 7lb claim to a 5lb claim - I think he has 6 or 7 rides booked this week so fingers crossed he rides a few winners. He is a lovely, hard working lad and deserves to get a few outside rides.

DG, did you go to Windsor this evening?

I shall be savouring the delights of South Lanarkshire finest course this afternoon (the other one has been turned into houses). On the off chance anyone else is attending, pm me. :D

Back