If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Kempton tomorrow for me with two runners Expensive and Cimyla, hopefully there might be a nice crowd for a change.

If they can't get a decent crowd for what is probably the best card they have had on the AWT then they really do have problems.

CIMYLA's a great performer, fudge - hope you have a very successful day! Is the entrance fee a tenner? I had a feeling Kempers had dropped their prices to try and lure in the unwary.

The management at Lingfield, it seems from recent remarks, might be beginning to realise that their plan to demand £25 for their evening meetings with !!! *** JASON DONOVAN *** !!! (who's rumoured to be costing them £100,000 for his services - I had to ask who he was or is), and others somewhat off the A-list, might be just a tad ambitious. Suppose you don't WANT to be serenaded after racing? £25 for a standard card on the AW - and I had such high hopes we might've been drawing some inferences from America, and dropping the prices while raising the standard and quantity of amenities! Silly me!

Originally posted by krizon@Apr 6 2007, 08:39 PM
CIMYLA's a great performer, fudge - hope you have a very successful day! Is the entrance fee a tenner? I had a feeling Kempers had dropped their prices to try and lure in the unwary.

The management at Lingfield, it seems from recent remarks, might be beginning to realise that their plan to demand £25 for their evening meetings with !!! *** JASON DONOVAN *** !!! (who's rumoured to be costing them £100,000 for his services - I had to ask who he was or is), and others somewhat off the A-list, might be just a tad ambitious. Suppose you don't WANT to be serenaded after racing? £25 for a standard card on the AW - and I had such high hopes we might've been drawing some inferences from America, and dropping the prices while raising the standard and quantity of amenities! Silly me!
Some relatives from Ireland were visiting last weekend and I was shocked to hear the price of entry to Sundays all weather card at Lingfield was £19, ridiculous.

No, no, no - vastly exaggerated, Steve!

It was £18! :shy: Race card: £2. No concessions unless OAPs join - in advance - their 'User Friendly' Club, when it's £7. HOWEVERRRRRR... the Manager, Mark Jones, is desperate for everyone to book on line, in which case there's a discount of £5! I don't get it at all. Why assume everyone has access to (or the ability to use) a computer? Just make it a flat flippin' tenner, and be done! And chuck the card in with the price, as Plumpton does.

Jones has this idea that you can treat courses (and their customers) like football stadiums and Lingfield is to see an all-electronic entry system later this year to prove his point. Arena installed one at Doncaster, so it'll be interesting to see how it works. I understand that a lot of Ascot regulars complained bitterly that they'd lost the friendly, personal welcome of the bowler hats since the course installed this system, with the crazy result that instead of shedding lots of jobs, which was one of the reasons for putting in the high-priced system, Ascot's kept on some of the old boys to do a meet 'n' greet! :rolleyes: Some managers are determined to fix what ain't broke, it seems.

We are told that the accountants like to be able to view 'at any time' how many paying customers have come through the gates - as if being able to tell how many are in by 3.30 is vital to the course's functioning. They can tell by the last race through the analysis sheets from the turnstiles and card sellers, but no, stick in a multi-million pound load of machinery which will probably malfunction anyway, and will -at the current rate of paying intake - take decades to amortise. Quite simply bonkers, imvho. I can understand this fascination at the A-list courses' prestige meetings, but NOT for the C-list!

Originally posted by fudge@Apr 6 2007, 06:38 PM
Kempton tomorrow for me with two runners Expensive and Cimyla, hopefully there might be a nice crowd for a change.
Well what success!!! Expensive winning is now my second winner in my new job and gets me a nice bonus!!!!

FUDGE hi mate what happened to CIMYLA? I thought it would have had a brilliant chance yesterday, (AFTER ITS RUNS IN NAD ?) I bet it too, and left out EXPENSIVE so it turned out Expensive for ME ................. :D

Me and Kate will both be at Chepstow tomorrow ( presuming Ashgan is running in the 3pm - Id better check!!)

Thats assuming I dont get sacked beforehand that is....

Oh - and I may be at Aintree Sat too.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

If anyone going to Aintree on Thursday or Friday fancies meeting up for a drink, may I suggest the Red Rum statue from say 12:15 to 12:30.

Not going to Hereford, but hope to be at Bath tomorrow Weds if some kind friend coughs up badge...

Hopefully, Windsor tomorrow (Monday)if anyone fancies meeting up. I am sick to death of unpacking boxes and desperately need a racing diversion! :brows:

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Apr 17 2007, 12:23 PM
Newbury Saturday and will probably have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.
I know Warbler is looking for badges for Sat so can you save it for him - I'm not sure how many if any I can get

Anyone going to Cheltenham tomorrow? I'll know later if I have been given two badges, if so I'll have spare. If not, may not go as strictly I'm needed here to help with the sick and aged

If the weather seems promising enough, I'll probably take in the Ayr National meeting on Saturday.

Anyone else likely to go? Simmo? Phil? Isty?

Newmarket Thursday for me, if anyone is going let me know. Need to clone myself just now what with Cheltenhgm still going and the flat on at HDQ. :brows:

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Apr 17 2007, 12:23 PM
Newbury Saturday and will probably have a spare ticket if anyone wants it.
I may well be going, Colin. If I go, I should be able to get my hands on a couple of extra badges too if anyone is interested.

Back