If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Originally posted by Desert Orchid+Apr 22 2007, 06:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Desert Orchid @ Apr 22 2007, 06:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-trudij@Apr 21 2007, 07:42 PM
If it rains (ha ha bonk!!) I might be at Towcester on Tuesday night (oh teh excitement....)
:what:

Try living in Scotland. You'll be all bonked out by the end of January. [/b][/quote]
Now theres a challenge..... :laughing:

Originally posted by Diamond Geezer+Apr 22 2007, 06:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Diamond Geezer @ Apr 22 2007, 06:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Kathy@Apr 21 2007, 10:27 PM
Looks like I am off to Stratford tomorrow :)
Does this mean Gielgud or Watership Down is worth an interest ? :P[/b][/quote]
DG, I promised Clare I would go and be her groupie of the day - it would be a dream come true for her if she managed to get a place! Personally, I would love her to finish in front of John Maxse :P

Originally posted by trudij+Apr 22 2007, 07:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudij @ Apr 22 2007, 07:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Apr 22 2007, 06:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-trudij
@Apr 21 2007, 07:42 PM
If it rains (ha ha bonk!!) I might be at Towcester on Tuesday night (oh teh excitement....)

:what:

Try living in Scotland. You'll be all bonked out by the end of January.
Now theres a challenge..... :laughing: [/b][/quote]
norty

Originally posted by Headstrong@Apr 21 2007, 09:39 PM
Why didn't I meet Crazyhorse??
And why has Warbler only just got home ???????
And why oh why is Kathy so - oh never mind :laughing:

Now to cap it all I just wish the houseguest would get orf of the sofa so I can go to bed - what a lovely tiring day we had of it
Headstrong - so sorry we never met (again), just that we were not online for the whole trip so could not make any plans up. We will be back for Guineas though and have to plan our meeting then !!!!!

Only met Kathy "by chance" really as she spotted me in outside the Bar, and unfortunatly never met her again later, and only saw Colin very briefly , too. Its just so busy and one wants to fit some horses in as well ....

Ah, you must have missed the post for the fail-safe meet-up for Newbury, which is in the permanent Champagne Bar [under the Hampshire Stand - go through the Tote Hall...] after the last race. Warbler, Kathy, Colin and myself made it

I live near Newmarket so may be able to come up for the Guineas meeting, will be on the blag for a badge from some kind chum! My plans for the next fortnight are a bit fluid as my auntie died yesterday as I was on my way back here to Suffolk from BErks to water the plants :) - just in time! - but I may need to go back there next week, and I'm not sure for how long...

My auntie and her carer always have a bet on the Grand National. Berry backed Mckelvey, and she put a fiver e/w on Silver Birch for my auntie as she was the country's premier breeder of silver poodles! So her last bet was a winner :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope you had a great trip Cat - yes do let's meet next time.
Meanwhile I must scan that photo for you of Jeff Smith with the PP statue - if I can find it...!

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Heads. Nice bet, though! I told my ancient mater today that I didn't put a sou on SILVER BIRCH (same name as my first TB's dam) in spite of its sentimental connection. I was told "You really are a silly girl!" :shy: Even at 62, one's never too old to be told off!

:laughing: :laughing: Quite so, and I'm sure you deserved it ;^)

Thanks for the commiserations, but she was 102 and had had enough. It was such an effort to keep going... and very lonely, as all her immediate family are busy and everyone of her generation had gone of course. Her sister died last year at 90 - they were inseparable, and we were amazed really she outlived her so long. her favourite little dog - nasty beast! - died last month, and I think that did it. A week later she fell over and gave herself an awful black eye [ on the commode !!] and we had trouble hauling her up her again. She never quite recovered.

I must remember to gather up the horseshoe over the front door, which they said I was to have - it was worn by Hyperion! Sadly someone has put a delicate pink wash over it, to match the decor...

Crikey - 102! That's a bit terrifying. The Ancient Briton's 90 and the inheritance is dwindling away in care home fees. I was hoping to get one more mare out of them, but at this rate I'll be lucky to afford a weekend in Skegness when I'm 74. I keep practising with the old pillow-over-the-face bit, but she's still too bloody strong! :(

Fingers crossed I am going to Sandown on Saturday! Anyone else from the forum going to be in attendance?

Trying to wangle a bed in London Thurs / Fri [have to go to yet another funeral, then to the Linnaean Society on Friday] and if can get a freedbie will stay till Sat and come to Sandown - esp if can wangle a badge... will be a last minute decision - as per usual

Newmarket for Guineas is a bit up in the air to due more funereal committments :brows:

£5.80 return, marginally more expensive than Cheltenham. Way behind the forward-thinking racecourses - Haydock and Doncaster with the former being £1 return for twice the distance travelled and Doncaster being about £2.50 return :)

Surprisingly Arkwright the bus driver told me the opposite. Though did get the impression that the bus would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Sandown for me today. A bit of a difficult situation. I am going to be with "Cape Greko" a horse I absolutely adore, and who has had his fair share of problems so I would LOVE him to win today. Timmy Murphy takes the ride but Brendan Powell has two horses in the same race so I will be (quietly) be cheering them on too. :D

Looks like a great days racing in store!

Apologies Kathy, Maruco - I know I told you I was leaving before the last.....that was the intention! I got to the car & received a phonecall asking me to meet after the last for a couple so I came back in....

Back