If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Yes Aunty - but I'm 'ard!! I can take you both on!!!

Mind you, once you start talking raspberry flavoured vodka........mmmmm........actually, I have an unopened bottle here somewhere! :D

Originally posted by fudge@May 3 2007, 11:21 AM
Im at Goodwood Saturday and Newmarket Sunday. Anyone at Newmarket Sunday who would like to have a wander/be shown round Chris Walls yard at about 10.30/11.00am would be most welcome just send me a pm.
That's a fine offer Fudge! If I do come back up, and I'm veeering that way, I'll take you up on that. I had a share in the CA Alliance horses in their first year, but didn't make the stable visit due to sinus illness - so woould love to make up on that... Will pm you for directions. Will have an empty car so could anyone on to the course if I make it

Ive got to get in yet - I dont think my three years since I had a horse in training ROA card will work.....

:ph34r:

may have to hitch up the skirt and shimmy over the fence....

I'm not going to be able to go at all - some pals who have taken over a pub in Lambourn have roped me in to help painting over the weekend :rolleyes: so we'll have the telly on instead while we work. Hope you all have a great time - I must say, Sunday's card looks better to me than Saturday's, the 2000Gns apart!

Shame you won't be there, Sara. I was looking forward to a good natter. The friend I was meant to be going with is unable to go now, so I may just go on my own like Billy No Mates! :(

Hopefully, I will meet up with a few of you over the weekend.

Will be making the most obscure and unorthodox train journey of all time to Cambridge on Sunday for the 12.30 bus. Looking forward to meeting more forumites :)

I'll look out for you on the bus Martin.

Although if Eagle Mountain wins on Saturday, I'll be taking the helicopter :D

I'll see you on the bus then Gareth :P

Apparently it's one direct to the racecourse though I may be cutting it fine for 1pm (and the bus given my train gets in at 12.05)

Great to meet up with Martin (Irish Stamp) again at Newmarket on Sunday and, all too briefly, fudge, SL and Kirsty!

I'll second that Gareth - good to meet you too, as well as Martin, Crazyhorse & Jimmy, Kirsty (I suppose!! :P), Suny Bay, Prince Regent, Kathy - did I forget anyone?? Oh, I waved at Fudge too, & some mad photographer chap was wandering about as well! Not to mention all the other reprobates [non-forum] who I kept bumping into & receiving abuse from.....

Yes it was good to meet you Gareth and again Martin and shame i was working as i would have liked to have met more of you all. And you should have said you wanted Soumillon's autograph as i could have got it off him in De Niro's nightclub on the Saturday night when he was in there with Peslier and Lemaire untill 3am. :laughing:

Back