If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
I was at Salisbury today and Dave was there again. What a thoroughly nice chap he is - if you ever need a socially orientated trainer, who speaks his mind, Dave's the man for you. I also met Rod Millman for the first time - the owners I was with, rate him very highly.

Cake Greko? :shy: If you saw the piece of cake (home made by OH's Mum) I polished off whilst I was typing the message, you may understand the slip up, Krizon!

Hopefully those who felt they were unlucky when Royal Rock got done close home at Newcastle were compensated this evening.

Lingfield tomorrow. And i was lucky Arkerwright i didnt back him at Newcastle, but had a nice bet today in what could turn out to be a hot race.

If anyone is going to Towcester next Thursday (June 21st)I should be able to help you pay for your evening out.

Ascot Wednesday - I think I'm the only one of our party without a Royal Enc badge, so anyone else going General Admission?? Would be nice ot have some company at some point! - tho I might be picnic-ed out before racing anyway :brows:

Anyone in your RE party with a disabled badge, Headstrong? If so, get a wheelchair organised and you then will get a free RE badge if you volunteer to be their carer for the day and push them around!

I shall be on a last minute holiday and will miss RA/RE again this year. I am still wondering if I want to go at all, as I wonder whether I wouldn't just like to retain my faded grandeur memories of 'the good old days' before the new build ...... You know, when you could actually see the horses racing against one another, viewing from the lawns in the Enclosure.

Admittedly, a strange notion.

Originally posted by Songsheet@Jun 14 2007, 11:28 PM
Anyone in your RE party with a disabled badge, Headstrong? If so, get a wheelchair organised and you then will get a free RE badge if you volunteer to be their carer for the day and push them around!

:laughing:

Now that reminds me of a number of things

K the companion
Bolly
and algae

:D That was a great day, wasn't it?

Hmm, well, the jury's still out on the RE viewing from the lawns. Someone I spoke to at Lingers today has been sculling around there recently and isn't expecting to see much more racing than in the Year of Shame. It'll be very interesting to get feedback on whether the races can be clearly seen or only in the last 1/2 furlong, as before.

Sad not to go this year, but again not with the bumping and barging free-for-all in the main concourse, the beer slops all over the floor, the hearty hike to find a cuppa, and the immediate closure of all food outlets exactly at last race. Poor, poor show.

I hope everyone who goes, regardless of the status of their enclosure, has a very happy and profitable time.

:what: You are heading for such a slap, make it two now. :nuts:

Bath was brilliant. I was a guest of Bathwick Tyres who sponsored the whole meeting and had a brilliant winner with Bathwick Breeze trained by the lovely Bath trainer, Andy Haynes. Very modest and a thoroughly nice chap too.

You couldn't have made it up. Bathwick Tyres sponsoring todays meeting in Bath, won a race with Bathwick Breeze by a trainer who is also based in Bath . :clap: This was the only race (I understand) that was shown by C4 as York was off. Great advertising for Bathwick Tyres.

Bathwick Breeze ideally needed a little cut in the ground so the downpour just before the racing started was perfect.

A wonderful day. :D

It will be up to me really but not sure yet she either goes for the race at Leopardstown that she was 2nd in last year on July 4th or the Criterion here at the July meeting.

Big thanks to Epona for stopping for by for a 'hi' today at Lingfield. Always nice to put faces to names and we enjoyed a very pleasant, if brief, spatial relationship... :laughing: See you again, E!

Ascot Wednesday would be happy to meet up with anyone at some point, pm me if of like mind!

Windsor tonight and then Kempton Wednesday. Ive turned down Ascot wednesday with our runners and have chosen Kempton instead, not sure if thats a good or bad thing. But we could have 2 winners at Kempton and the 2 at Ascot will be lucky to get placed, but im still not sure whether it is the best choice. :brows:

I might be at Ascot Tues - will need some decent tips to make up the cost of my box ticket though ( though am planning to take full advantage of the free bar to help..... :ph34r: )

Apologies to Steve [Miller] for not recognising him without his trilby on today! Also for wandering along in a world of my own - thanks for stopping me to say hello!

Survived two days so far - three to go....

I got a belated invite to Ascot today and thoroughly enjoyed it. My experience of Royal Ascot was far more positive this year. So many more places to eat and drink, no queues for the toilets and I have to admit in really enjoying the whole experience far more than I did last year. I also saw absolutely no drunken antics so I am assuming that is going to happen tomorrow ie. Ladies Day.

I got dressed up in my finery then put on my flat shoes, with my heels and my hat in a carrier bag and walked to the course, and then walked home afterwards.

Having walked Barney twice today as well, I must have walked about 6 miles - just enough to burn off some of the many calories consumed during the day.

Evening all :)

Lingfield tomorrow as it's only a fiver to get in and probably Newmarket on Saturday to have a look at the new July Course facilities and, at £17 for me, it's a fiver CHEAPER than Lingfield I'm afraid.

Anybody going to Haydock Saturday night? I'm contemplating it so I can see INXS afterwards.

Back