If You Are Going Racing And Fancy Meeting

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
I was hoping to go to Newmarket today, but it hasn't happened, :( so looks like I may pop to Ascot instead. :)

I was very disappointed at Ascot today. None of the staff knew that the O&T's had moved after I spent 10 mins looking for it. I asked 3 different people where it was. One of the foreign staff just pointed me to a board, where it didn't mention it. One of those chaps in a bowler hat said it was on the 2nd floor, it wasn't and the 3rd had to refer to his notes to see that it had moved to the pre parade area but couldn't tell me exactly which bit.

Diabolical. :rant:

The fact that owners and trainers are now treated like 2nd class citizens at Royal Ascot is a real kick in the teeth. It wasn't my horse, but if it had been I would have stated to my trainer that it would never run there again.

Rant over.

Seems reasonable I guess - "I can't find the O&T Bar so don't you be running any of my horses back there again...."

Friend of mine who is a trainer's wife wasn't allowed into the O&T at Royal Ascot last year as they didn't have a runner that day! Such a thing had never happened before anywhere else - she was not amused. I think they relented this year after vociferous representations from the training ranks

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jul 13 2007, 09:23 PM
Seems reasonable I guess - "I can't find the O&T Bar so don't you be running any of my horses back there again...."
:laughing:

It's not so much not finding finding the O&T's (which is now set behind the pre parade ring) it's the fact that the staff didn't know the layout of the course, or knew it had been moved, or were in the slightest least bit bovvered.

Shame they didn't inform their staff then? shrug:: I wouldn't mind that much but these were the chaps in bowler hats who you would assume knew most things and 3 different individuals didn't have a clue.

Leopardstown on Saturday evening.

Spending the day in Dublin. Hopefully watch the King George in one of Dublin's finer pubs.

There are a few of us meeting up at Newbury on Sunday 5th August if anyone else fancies meeting up.

A really nice afternoon at Newbury today in such glorious weather at last! We must do it again soon, and hopefully get some more from here and from Final Furlong to come along! Headstrong is great at organising these get togethers and it's a great chance for people from the forum to meet up and say hello.

Not the best days racing, but I am thinking of going to Ascot on Saturday. Anyone else going?

Newbury Friday and Saturday - provided the house/dogs I'm 'sitting' for the weekend aren't flooded... the house is right beside the Lambourn and was under 4 feet of water last time round... the river is currently c 6 ins from the banks, roadside, and rising... Some one do an anti-rain dancve please! These dogs don't even know me so I don't want to have to evacuate them :laughing: esp as one is a Rottie

Back