Attachments

• Leop1.JPG
    Leop1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 128
  • leop2.JPG
    leop2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 122
Me too, Grassy :)

The prize money is so decent that the €150k for the Irish Champion Hurdle looks too low relative to some of the other races. Overall the package should capture the imagination of a lot of people.

Last edited:
Should we be calling it Irish Champion Hurdle weekend now the Irish Gold Cup is run the same weekend and is worth €50k more ?

Great initiative and helps towards balancing the season out too. End of season festivals are fine but by and large there was a void to be filled between Christmas and March (bar the odd decent Saturday).

Last edited:
4/6 there are no UK raiders in any of the hugely-valuable novice events.

1/5 UK trainers will be complaining about lack of opportunities for their Festival novices at around the same time.

Last edited:
First time over the water for me racing wise.

Had the flights booked a couple of months ago.

Moist already.

(Update: Complete lie. I had 3 days at the Galway festival in the late 90s. For the life of me I can't remember a bloody thing about it....)

Last edited:
Myself, Digger and one-time, TRF-famed, foul-mouthed eejit Golden Cygnet (aka Sharkey), will be over for both days of the meeting.

Looking forward to meeting-up with the usual collection of misanthropes and curmudgeons.

I was married in Waduwwa about 30 minutes south of Colombo - you should visit the shrine, if you're in the neighbourhood. :lol:

The birds were chirping loudly at 6.30AM* today and the first weekend in Feb is coming fast and tickets for Leopardstown are being arranged.

Springtime. Can you feel it?

(* Thought I could also hear Slim singing his way home to bed when I got to Donnybrook. Might just have been a bag of cats.)

Last edited:
Back