Irish Champions Weekend

Jesus wept, an absolute shambles of a ride on Australia even if it is the great Ryan Moore gunning him down.

Last edited:
it was always going to better being a long way away from that killing pace...Moore..great ride..got a clock in his head..Joseph went too soon..and too wide..imo

but if horse is best that AOB has had..should still have won...i think he is a very good horse..not a real superstar though

great ride by Moore is the story

Last edited:
Have we got a time yet? Will be an interesting comparison with Free Eagle. The English Champion could be some race if these three turn up.

Not sure it was Ryan's plan to hold the horse that far back - deffo got outpaced at one stage of the race.
Appalling ride by JO'B, whichever way you look at it.

Who is this tit on ATR suggesting Australia should have won by five lengths ? I suspect JPOB going so wide did cost him the race but more likely that TGG is closer to Australia in ability than people thought - the idea that cost Australia five lengths is absurd .

Not sure it was Ryan's plan to hold the horse that far back - deffo got outpaced at one stage of the race.
Appalling ride by JO'B, whichever way you look at it.

He was given a very similar ride to that Hughes gave him at York - except Hughes waited for a gap rather than coming wide and coming straight after Australia which might have meant he could have been closer to Australia at York though no way he would have beaten him.

Where next for both - Champions Day @ Ascot or the Arc?

Not sure but did Australia take a couple of false strides in back stretch and coming into straight?

TGG will stay in training as a 4yr old - will Coolmore keep Australia going or retire for the money?

Race of the season
Refreshing to see the colours of the big boys lowered now and again too.

Seen a replay of last years racing post trophy this am on ATR, would have been hard to back The Grey Gatsby on the basis of that!!

Free Eagle clocked a time six one hundredth of a second quicker than The Grey Gatsby. Smullen made him work all the way to the line so there might not be much between the three of them.

Have we got a time yet? Will be an interesting comparison with Free Eagle. The English Champion could be some race if these three turn up.

TGG's race just 6/100 sec slower.
Quick check with the stopwatch shows Australia went 0.65 sec quicker than Free Eagle in the penultimate furlong, but 1.02 slower in the last, which tells its own story.

Lack of respect for the opposition I think . TGG was running on well only two lengths behind at York .

I wonder did they think today was a lap of honours an train him accordingly.I have never been in the fan club and beloved it would be ridiculous to retire him to stud having achieved less then his mother.

I wonder did they think today was a lap of honours an train him accordingly.I have never been in the fan club and beloved it would be ridiculous to retire him to stud having achieved less then his mother.

I see one wag has commented that Joseph went so wide as they know he needs 1m 4f !

Can anyone put me off lumping on Cursory Glance in the Moyglare?
The AOB horse is making a price about this one, the form is there for all to see, been crying out for 7f should be odds on imo

I have been in terrible tipping form since Galway......1998....(before slim says it), but i think Royal Diamond is being overlooked a bit tomorrow in the Ledger. This has been the target all year, and will be spot on. Past winner. Nice ew price.

Awesome ride by Moore holding him up so far back and then zooming up the inside - Joseph went very wide there perhaps complacency from Ballydoyle.

TGG was perhaps below his best at York and needed that race more than Australia !

Al Kazeem ran OK I thought - they think he is much better going left handed and he was still very close to Mukhadram at the end .

Ryan Moore is the best jockey since Lester no doubt about it .

Just seen it. He is quite something. Absolutely brilliant

Very enjoyable day at the track, enjoyable pint with Bar and Slim, who was actually surrounded by crackers, not just the one.

I gave them some considered feedback on their communication techniques and they have both resolved to try harder.

Lost my pot. Every phucking penny of it. Joseph got some serious abuse coming from the track, just at the gym. I thought his little brother was going to try get over the rail at one fella.

While Ryan Moore is certified genius, I thought Billy Lee on McCreery's yoke was the ride of the day, apart from the one Slim was air kissing outside the jacks in Fillies. Could be front page stuff. Watch this space.

Back