Irish Champions Weekend

Great to meet Colm and Barry yesterday and prove I do show up to the races now and again. I saw the whites of Ted Hegarty's eyes at Shelbourne Park last night and won. I'm going to the Curragh with a dangerous stack of money and a mood to punt.

Duck or no dinner

Meet up?

It's been 10 years since I've been in the Curragh and it will be 10 years before I go again. I'm stuck in traffic 2km from the track for the last 25mins. What's the ******* point?

Would say - possibly bar Derby day - that today is the first time that would have happened in the last ten years.

The Moyglare looks red hot, but I quite like the look of Lucida e/w. Thought things didn't pan out ideally for her the last day (got there a shade soon). Could see her being ridden a bit more quietly today.

Lowther form looks absolutely bomb-proof, and Found could be absolutely anything. Can't resist throwing a few quid at Jeanne Girl at massive prices on Betfair either; would like to see her given a more prominent ride today.

good one.SP...massive figure last out..couldn't be on at the price though..promising horse

Thannks, get a feeling she wasn't at her best today, was off the snaff pretty early, but gutted it out. Surely that'll be her for the year. Some weekend for Varian and Atzeni

Good ride on Brown Panther. Though you would have to question what the other jocks were thinking.

Would say - possibly bar Derby day - that today is the first time that would have happened in the last ten years.

The Moyglare looks red hot, but I quite like the look of Lucida e/w. Thought things didn't pan out ideally for her the last day (got there a shade soon). Could see her being ridden a bit more quietly today.

Lowther form looks absolutely bomb-proof, and Found could be absolutely anything. Can't resist throwing a few quid at Jeanne Girl at massive prices on Betfair either; would like to see her given a more prominent ride today.

It's a **** track to go racing. There is nothing good about it. Highlight of the day was getting a spin home with the legend Kevin Prendergast.

I see I'm logged onto the wrong account. It's not easy when you're twenty seven different people on a forum.

Hoping Slim didn't blow his wad on Beach Bunny e/w today and have to go underground. Imagine he backed the filly in the maiden yesterday though.

The more I think about it the more i am convinced that Joseph made the mistake he made in the 2000Gns by going too hard too early on Australia.
He has not impressed me in the parade ring in either of his Irish starts this year; he looks tired and his coat dull; my sister concurred with this and gave her opinion before I gave mine.
TGG a bonny bonny horse who is much much better than any of us gave him credit for and I am speaking as one of his fans!
I am delighted for all his connections but have to ask what price was he on Betfair at the second last bend 4 furlongs out ?
Agree Free Eagle looked and ran like the real good horse he undoubtedly is.
Billy Lee for the ride of the weekend followed by Richard Kingscote and Lanfranco Dettori on Ruler Of The World.
Australia to be fair is a hell of a horse and with a little luck would be unbeaten.
I have asked myself and others if they would entrust someone with upwards of 30 Million of valuables knowing they were most likely utilising it in a state of dehydration to say the very least.
Also looking at the difference of Joseph's saddles at 9 stone and at 9 st 3 lb tells its own story; the latter is a saddle, the former a glorified jockstrap with stirrups.
Great racing with amazing crowds but we need to set out on time and allow for delays !

Hoping Slim didn't blow his wad on Beach Bunny e/w today and have to go underground. Imagine he backed the filly in the maiden yesterday though.

I was on Bolgers e/w at 8/1. I'm not sentimental. I just love value. Kevin was not amused when I said "she's gone" in the car.

The more I think about it the more i am convinced that Joseph made the mistake he made in the 2000Gns by going too hard too early on Australia.
He has not impressed me in the parade ring in either of his Irish starts this year; he looks tired and his coat dull; my sister concurred with this and gave her opinion before I gave mine.
TGG a bonny bonny horse who is much much better than any of us gave him credit for and I am speaking as one of his fans!
I am delighted for all his connections but have to ask what price was he on Betfair at the second last bend 4 furlongs out ?
Agree Free Eagle looked and ran like the real good horse he undoubtedly is.
Billy Lee for the ride of the weekend followed by Richard Kingscote and Lanfranco Dettori on Ruler Of The World.
Australia to be fair is a hell of a horse and with a little luck would be unbeaten.
I have asked myself and others if they would entrust someone with upwards of 30 Million of valuables knowing they were most likely utilising it in a state of dehydration to say the very least.
Also looking at the difference of Joseph's saddles at 9 stone and at 9 st 3 lb tells its own story; the latter is a saddle, the former a glorified jockstrap with stirrups.
Great racing with amazing crowds but we need to set out on time and allow for delays !

Is it just me or do essays make other peoples head hurt.

Another fun weekend of racing beckons.
I have one , maybe two tickets for Leopardstown Saturday and one for The Curragh Sunday for any member here.
Anyone interested please PM me by tomorrow night (Friday).

The Godolphin filly looks over priced in Matron Stakes at 20/1 for any ew backer methinks.

Have a few bets at this meeting.

Backed Beckford at 7s for the National Stakes. I think Glustav Klimt is hellish unders and the form of his win on the July course has not worked out. The Elliot beast is crying out for this trip and I unloaded each way earlier in the week. Race will cut up surely.

I'm also against Ballydoyle in the Moyglare and the Matron. I've gone with Qemah in the latter admittedly when I thought Winter was heading for the big race and Alpha Centauri in the former as I think time spent growing into her frame since the Royal meeting will have done her the world of good. I also think the Ballydoyle 2yo filsters are much of a muchness with the 3rd string beating Happily and September in the Debutante.

Also considering backing Cliffs of Moher in the Champion as Success Days participation means he won't be sacrificed like he was at York.

I think The Grey Gatsby will run a big race in the Champion-Weld has booked McDonagh for the ride-remember him for speculative each way multis.

Back